Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Old-fashioned promotion

ZandraJoi

Reputable member
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Credits
Has anybody used old-fashioned styles of promoting? Back in the day, we had newspapers, flyers, & just general word of mouth. When I started my forum, I did put ads in the newspaper. I also put flyers up in Health Stores as my forum is holistic in nature. While I maybe got a handful of members, it at least made me feel good that I didn’t just sit back & wait for members to come.

I've seen ads in newspapers for local forums, I've also done flyers for forums in the past - but nothing like that in years. The world's just too big and the forums' audiences too spread out for that in my experience now.

I've seen ads in newspapers for local forums, I've also done flyers for forums in the past - but nothing like that in years. The world's just too big and the forums' audiences too spread out for that in my experience now.
I have used this method of promoting myself before as well.

I have never heard of newspaper or flyer advertising for forums before, I had no idea it existed. I'd love to see some statistics on it.

You know I wonder if anyone has used billboards to promote their forums? I know it's gotta be expensive to have a advertisement on a billboard, but I could see it bringing in some traffic. I also thought about maybe creating some stickers and placing them on light posts near traffic signals and in parking lots. I've seen a website advertisement on a sticker that is on a light post in a parking lot not too far from where I live. I got curious and looked the site up.

My forum is kind of tough to use an old-fashioned promotion on considering it's a resource board for specific forum software. If anything, I would have to mention starting a forum on the forum software first and then using my board to cater to their board.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor