Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Office or Openoffice?

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
If you had the choice, which one of those two softwares would you use? Office or Openoffice? Make your choice!

For me, it would be Office just because I have used it all my life and making the switch to OpenOffice now would probably drive me round the bend.

Advertisement Placeholder
Well I use libre office!
Just because ubuntu has made it the default application!
And yes if I were to use windows I will use office. But only the free one that comes with the system.
Libre office loads pretty quickly compared to open office!

LibreOffice is the best Open Source alternative but because of school stuff I have no alternative: Microsoft Office.

Is it new? All I heard when I was searching for one, was OpenOffice, never anything about LibreOffice!

So basically the concept of open source has a flaw at keeping it afloat. When OpenOffice's official support vanishes, the users don't even want to use the open source part of it.

But imo SUN shouldn't have sold the company along with open office! they kind of like cheated all the developers.
Its good that they have started a new one!
I mean thats the beauty of open source. You have the code, you are free to continue the development or start a new one basically from the same code! You have lots of choices! :)

But most people never use the open source code except for minor things. Everyone just relies on the company as if the source was closed.

Sadly most people are like you said! :)
Which in my opinion should change! the world of open source is getting better and better. Linux gnome3 for linux is pretty cool!

On Windows, I have no choice but to use Microsoft Office due to the computer coming with it.

On Linux, it's LibreOffice for me.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds