Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Office Dating

Has the worker's performance diminished because he/she is dating co-workers? If the performance continues to be the same, I do not think there should be an issue. The main thing is how these lovebirds are doing in their professional lives. Company should not interfere with personal lives of the staff.

Advertisement Placeholder
Office dating is not an healthy dating in my own opinion and its against the work ethics in some organization while some organisations accept and sees nothing wrong with it.
It's not a healthy thing to allow in any business as far as I'm concerned. Mixing relationship with work will never go well because things will get ugly whenever those in the relationship will have a personal problem. It will definitely affect their work.

In my experience, I have had certain encounters with people who worked with me, but a relationship was not formed or anything like that, but if I have seen other people form a relationship having met at work, in general, I do not have a clear opinion on the matter, even if it is prohibited, it will continue to happen, if there is an attraction between two people, there is nothing that will stop that.

Not all businesses are against the idea of people dating co-workers. They will warn you about it, as it could affect your work and performance, but at some jobs it's not something that would get you fired. Now if you two were to break up, it could have an affect on the office or the job and the two of you may have issues working together.

The big thing is boss employee relationships. The jobs I worked did not allow bosses and employees to date, as there is a power dynamic there. A boss can one day fire you and that be the end of it.

If you can, don't get into a relationship at work.

I would say that it shouldn't be avoided because that is nature :D you can't tell people to not get in love with each other it happens atutomatically and it is inevitable.
Indeed it can cause dramas and problems in the job but that is why you should tell a couple or so to not let it get involved with the job and if it doesn't then it is completely fine.
People have their own lives and rights and we can't tell them to not love each other love is a beautiful thing and as long as people are obeying the rules of the company and keep working well it is okay.

Well said, I believe this is exactly why most business or companies do not allow any form of romantic relationship between staffs, to keep things professional and also to ensure that every employee remain focused

This is not even about what the company allows but something that you should know that wouldn't be to your best advantage. This is because whenever you are doing any kind of office relationship, it will interfere with how you behave and carry out your duties at work.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds