Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Office Dating

You are right, most companies are against office dating became it can create distraction. I can relate to that. They are also mature staffs that are dating but no one will know and they are not distracted at workplace.
It's all about the mindset and maturity of both parties though. I know someone who had an office relationship but it did not in anyway affect her work neither was it a distraction. No one even knew about it. So it mainly depends on both parties. Have you had any personal experience with office dating?

Advertisement Placeholder
Personally, office dating is not something I'll like to get involved in because it distracts. Though most people get to meet their life partners in their working environment as destined for them, it should be allowed but there is time for everything, especially when it's time to work.

It's all about the mindset and maturity of both parties though. I know someone who had an office relationship but it did not in anyway affect her work neither was it a distraction. No one even knew about it. So it mainly depends on both parties. Have you had any personal experience with office dating?
I'm trying very hard to avoid it but there's a lady that wants us to be dating. I like too but I don't want to start what I can't finish. Maybe I'm not ready for any committed relationship not to talk of with a colleague at workplace.

I think people should avoid dating in the office premises, but if you like someone from the office, you can date him/her out of the office and try to keep your affair secret in the office.

If its against the company.. I have no option than to not try dating in the office but at the other if this likeness towards the person is strong.. I don't mind

The office is not a good place to date at all. It will interfere with many things. You don't miss business with pleasure and become very comfortable with it. Things can go south at some point

The office is not a good place to date at all. It will interfere with many things. You don't miss business with pleasure and become very comfortable with it. Things can go south at some point
Though I get your point, but what about in a situation where you see someone you completely connect with, someone you can actually spend the rest of your life with, would you let go simply because you both work in the same company or what would you do?

In as much as inter-personal relationship between staff is highly encouraged, there should be a limit and boundary to it. Work place or office dating should be discouraged as it might affect the output and efficiency of the staff involved due to lack of concentration or seriousness.

Office dating comes with a lot of responsibility and risk. You just have to be very careful in case things don't go the way you want it. If you have a problem with your relationship it can affect other areas including performance in the workplace.

To me, organization ethics must be first prioritized because dating your fellow co-worker can hamper things and could cause some sorts of trampling upon the rules and regulations of the organization.

You just have to be very careful when you want to engage in office dating and make sure you have strong heart in case things go negative. The quality of your relationship can affect other areas of your life.

Most companies Doe's not support office dating but the both of you might decide to date secretly but I don't think if the cost will support office dates.

Productivity losses could occur if there is too much time spent on personal pursuits rather than work. There could also be problems if the relationship becomes a distraction for other employees in any way

To be frank, I met my wife in the office. We became good friends and it took a year before we went on dating. It was like a friendly date until I made my move to profess my love. When I was accepted then that started our romance. It was a good timing that I was resigning from my job and leaving for London on a work assignment. We got together when I came back from abroad.

I'm strongly against office dating no matter how strong the love seems to be; except they're not domiciled in the same location or office space.
I did it and I also witnessed it, and the repercussions was very grave. We also had problems from my boss who was obviously interested in her too.

This isn't really advisable In a workplace because of its distractive nature. I believe that for every time wasted in a workplace cannot be recovered properly.

To be frank, I met my wife in the office. We became good friends and it took a year before we went on dating. It was like a friendly date until I made my move to profess my love. When I was accepted then that started our romance. It was a good timing that I was resigning from my job and leaving for London on a work assignment. We got together when I came back from abroad.
This is really nice, you made mention of it being a good timing, do you think your resigning played a positive role in your relationship? Like if you where both working on the same company, would. The relationship lasted?

This is one of the things I wouldn't like to do personally because I do not see the needs. What brought us together is business and that must be respected. I can't really mixed business with pleasure.

This isn't really advisable In a workplace because of its distractive nature. I believe that for every time wasted in a workplace cannot be recovered properly.
Office dating is not an healthy dating in my own opinion and its against the work ethics in some organization while some organisations accept and sees nothing wrong with it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds