Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Office Dating

I think companies should reconsider this policy. They should instead reframe it that such company relations are allowed but should not interfere with the working of any of the employees. That way, people can date but keep it professional at work.

Advertisement Placeholder
Well company policies should not be an interference to a person's personal life . But as long as you are an employee in the office I think you should try obey the company policy since you are being paid . Dating in an organization is quite distracting because working in the same organization with the person you fancy well you will want to be with the person and get some attention and this is not ideal for the business because work hours will turn to fun hours . You can be distracted from work if you see the person you fancy talking and laughing with another person in the office and jealousy might creep in this might make you unable to focus . I believe love life should be separated from business life you can as well respect the company policy while you are in the office then when you are done with work you can spend time with your partner outside the working environment but I think dating in an organization is not ideal for the business .

I see nothing in people having a romantic relationship while working in the same place but they should ensure that they keep their relationship private whenever they need to be professional.

I see nothing in people having a romantic relationship while working in the same place but they should ensure that they keep their relationship private whenever they need to be professional.
Well said, I believe this is exactly why most business or companies do not allow any form of romantic relationship between staffs, to keep things professional and also to ensure that every employee remain focused

I don't really like the idea of dating a fellow worker in an organization.If it happens,we'll have to be official at work then outside the office,we can be informal.

Company is actually company effectively it's not truly perfect for individuals that dating to become in the exact very same business,they might allow like over get all of them,their might be misunderstanding

Seriously, from the little observations that I have witnessed with people working in an organization, it's never professional because they will definitely have a misunderstanding at work which will affect their work.

Well, office is a place where you come to work, not date someone and I think this is why many offices are against dating. People who meet their partners in office usually date their partners outside the office.
The main reason why some offices detest dating between their workers is that they believe the romance will definitely affect the office work while just few offices allow dating between colleagues.

I think companies should reconsider this policy. They should instead reframe it that such company relations are allowed but should not interfere with the working of any of the employees. That way, people can date but keep it professional at work.

The truth of the matter is that there is no way you would expect any kind of relationship to exist in any workplace that wouldn't in time crash with the business activities.

The truth of the matter is that there is no way you would expect any kind of relationship to exist in any workplace that wouldn't in time crash with the business activities.

I think you are talking about end of relationship along with the end of company? Do you mean that people stop seeing each other when they leave the workplace? I think people might still be in touch with each other when they quite the job.

Well I think, that depends on the rules of the workplace, if the workplace allows you to date a co-worker then go for it. But in a workplace that dosen't allow that, I think it best to keep that out of the workplace.

Well I think, that depends on the rules of the workplace, if the workplace allows you to date a co-worker then go for it. But in a workplace that dosen't allow that, I think it best to keep that out of the workplace.
Dating in the work settings normally depends on the rule that is set by the owner of the company to follow because most offices believe dating each other innthe office is unethical.

Well we cannot rule out the fact that two persons might fall for each other in the place of work. It's normal. The only thing is the ability to be professional when on duty.

Dating in the work settings normally depends on the rule that is set by the owner of the company to follow because most offices believe dating each other innthe office is unethical.
I agree, I also think that most employers believe that dating a fellow coworker might distract you from accomplishing the tasks at hand. Not only do they consider it unethical, some consider it a distraction as well.

Office dating is not good for business, it hampers the full effectiveness of doing our work well and as when due. Yes, we can find love even in the office but can you be able to give in your full attention and not be distracted when you clash with your love interest? If yes, then go on with the office dating but if NO, please stay away from such.

Sincerely I will advice that no body should involve in office dating,it affects your work and you keep on seeing your date everytime,and if you are the jealous type you will resist him or her from getting close to some staff.

My personal life is different from my office or professional life and I don't think the two should collide if I like someone in my workplace and it's against the company rules then it's time to change jobs.

If the company doesn't allow it then I suppose you quit the job if you want to date them that bad. Although the problem is usually both people don't want to both quit their job even if one does so then it just wouldn't be possible and this happens a lot.

It's simple, since the office environment does not permit such, you can always meet to discuss important things about the relationship outside the office at closing hours, you may as well discuss better during lunch, these steps will prevent you from going against office rules

Many of people meet their partners at work place and yet most organisations
is against dating someone in the office. Some companies even have strict policies against office dating.

So what if you and a colleague like each other and might want to explore a relationship?

Should company policies override what’s best for your personal life?
There are companies that see dating within its premises as unethical.
If am to be in such company, I would not go against their policy.
Otherwise, I do not see any wrong in dating a colleague.

The reason why most companies place such laws is simply because they do not want any form of distraction, most times we tend to let our emotions in relationships affect our work life. Even with such laws there are still persons who date in that same office but no one is aware of it because of how mature they handle things
You are right, most companies are against office dating became it can create distraction. I can relate to that. They are also mature staffs that are dating but no one will know and they are not distracted at workplace.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds