Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Nulled?

ddoesmc

Recognized member
Credits
What do you think about a nulled version of XenForo? I am all for it. I think the company is great, but not many people have the money.

Advertisement Placeholder
It's the same as the paid version but illegal. I am against it although I can't deny that I was tempted to find a nulled version xD

I don't like the idea of it at all. I don't think it's right. There are so many legitimate free options out there without having to use a cracked version of xenforo. If you don't have the money to use the software don't use it.

I'm mixed....

It's illegal however it costs money to not only buy, but to get resources and a good enough theme. :p However using nulled software isn't fair for the company, and well, it's illegal to use. (Torrenting is legal, the use of the software is not. Funny right?)

Going for nulled version is like inviting malware.

This^^ I've been tempted to get a nulled software however eh, I do not think it worth all the trouble.

It's illegal, you should never use nulled software. You never know what other stuff has been added in to it, you could be putting you servers security at risk.

I don't really care too much one way or the other. I'm not up in arms to prevent people from using nulled forum software. If you want to take the chance doing something that may eventually get your site taken down, go ahead. Personally, I'll keep using legit software licenses. Not because of my concern for doing the right thing, but because it's logical. There's too much trouble involved with using nulled software. It's not worth that little bit of money you would save, especially considering you can get a used XenForo license for half the cost of a new one.

I'm against it. I see it as stealing from the developer's pocket. Someone spent their long hours to make quality software, and then you decide to use it without paying, it's stealing, nothing less. With that being said; if you want to steal from someone else, go ahead with nulled software, your choice.

What do you think about a nulled version of XenForo? I am all for it. I think the company is great, but not many people have the money.

Finding a nulled version is very tempting, but can land you in a load of legal trouble. There's nothing worse these days than a judge deciding to make an example out of your copyright infringement. In the past, when a judge has made an example out of someone who illegally downloaded a file, that person has to make public apologies and speeches (to motivate people to not make the same mistake), do community service and hate life for a year or so.

I think they should try to find a way to lower the prices of XF and the other paid forum softwares. I can afford it, but it seems overpriced based on the cost of making the software vs. how many customers there are. They must be profiting a lot and reducing the cost would be kind of nice.

All I can say is that there are offshore hosting companies out there that accept the installation of nulled scripts on their customers' hosting plans. Personally, I wouldn't use a nulled version of XenForo. I don't like the script enough as to use it, and if I did want to use it, I would have to get to know the script better by hanging around on their support forums until I afforded to buy a license.

Along with the ethics of pirating software, I think there's one more damning thing about nulled forum software - that is, someone who cracked the forum software can often introduce some security-related loopholes that will screw over the users and/or the administrators of the forum.

I think it's wrong to use a nulled Xenforo script, simply because the developers have worked hard to provide forum users with a fast, clean, and easy forum software to use. They're making a living off working on xenforo, I don't think it's right to basically steal from them. Plus it's illegal, and even with offshore hosting I still think it's not ethical to do at all. :\

I want to add to this sorry to bring it alive again.

I think if you're a developer making themes or something for it? But don't want to buy the license, grab a nulled copy, you aren't publishing anything.

Anything other than that I am against.

but not many people have the money.
There is a solution to that rather than using a nulled copy.
Wanna hear it?
It's called using a forum software that is already out there available for free. There is no reason for anyone to use a nulled version.

I think if you're a developer making themes or something for it? But don't want to buy the license, grab a nulled copy, you aren't publishing anything.

Anything other than that I am against.
:grimacing: What? So you want to make money off of someone else's software by developing themes for it, but don't have the decency to actually buy said software? #Logic

Honestly, there is no excuse for using a nulled version.

In my opinion nulled software should only be used for testing purposes. Sometimes I need to test an addon or whatever for IPBoard, vBulletin, etc. and it would be absurd to spend hundreds of dollars just to see how the database and configuration files are structured.

If you plan on starting an actual website then you should definitely go ahead and buy the software. Not only will your conscience be clear but your mind can also rest easy knowing that no one has a back door into your site. I've seen forums get hacked and ruined due to their site having a secret back door.

Purchasing a license also gives you access to XenForo's amazing support team.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds