Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Content Creation NSFW Content in Your Community

A prefix for threads focusing on the creation of content for websites and forums.
Credits
Do you allow NSFW content? Why do you allow NSFW content? In case you are against NSFW content, what are your reasons? Well, I do not allow NSFW content in my community. I like to build and run family friendly community which is save even for under age people. Even though my community does not cater to people under 15 years of age, I want the content that is perfectly safe for people under 15. I also run Google Adsense and one of the criteria for Adsense is your content needs to be family friendly.

Advertisement Placeholder
I hold nothing against it but I would never let it towards a community with an underage appeal or explicitly underage area either, and in the past have told off the appropriate people for not following this practice. A roleplaying forum I vaguely watch gets around the adsense issue by simply not using adsense in the areas where that is a factor. I don't know how well it works out for them.

I have in the past had NSFW areas on forums that I owned and worked on but knowing that it can land you with issues such as being blocked and in some cases, can give you a bad reputation, I don't tend to offer these areas anymore on my forum.

I still see some places that allow NSFW areas but it's not as common as it used to be years ago.

I usually have a separate usergroup that can gain access to the hidden board.
With XenForo 1.x (and I'm sure it is the same in 2.x) you could create a custom user field in which the user can select whether they want to see NSFW or not (no add-ons needed). If that custom field was set to yes, they would be placed in a secondary user group that had access to the NSFW areas. It was one of the easier things to do with XF.

I have in the past had NSFW areas on forums that I owned and worked on but knowing that it can land you with issues such as being blocked and in some cases, can give you a bad reputation, I don't tend to offer these areas anymore on my forum.

I still see some places that allow NSFW areas but it's not as common as it used to be years ago.
Unless your niche is NSFW, I do not think it is good to allow NSFW content in your community. I do not feel safe to use community where they allow NSFW content. If you want to use it, I think you better hide the section from normal users

In general, no. My 'Jokes' section is a bit less stringent about this, but I don't have an NSFW section - and nor would I want one.

The thing is, everyone has their own kinds of NSFW content that they enjoy - and in order to effectively run an NSFW section, I would need to have a stomach of steel that can handle everyone's preferred types. But I know I don't have that: I had an NSFW section on my Discord channel for two days, and I absolutely hated it.

Of course, I could get other staff members to run it - but, I'd still have to cover for them in the NSFW section when they aren't available, and settle any disputes between them and the members over NSFW content - and that's not something I'm willing to do. And if I abdicate those responsibilities (and have nothing to do with the NSFW section whatsoever) - then at that point, it'd be better off somewhere else.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds