Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Newsletter Advertising

SDL

Renowned member
Credits
Have you tried newsletter advertising? If so, how successful was it?

I’m going to try it for Storyturner, I’m putting together a list of book newsletters which offer advertising as I feel targeted advertising on trusted newsletters will have a better sign up rate compared to social media ads.

I think they can help gain traffic for your site to an extent. Most people that subscribe to newsletters obviously have a liking for the contents of your site and are probably going to already visit because of that. But, a newsletter can remind them to check the interesting contents you have in the newsletter, thus increasing the traffic. I tried to do a monthly newsletter on my board and I just sent out a bulk email to everyone that had the "allow administrators to send you emails" option enabled, but I stopped due to running out of ideas to put in the newsletter and a few people were ticked off that I kept sending them emails even though there's an unsubscribe link at the bottom. Though, every time I did send a bulk email out to my members it would indeed trigger more log-ins during a brief period.

I have thought about trying a newsletter for my forum but I have not gotten around to working on it yet.

I do believe that newsletters can help bring in traffic as well as help to keep your community up to date as well when it comes to new updates or even what is popular that is being discussed right now.

I've never personally used a newsletter for any of my communities. However, I'm a judge for the Sonic Hacking Contest, and we use Newsletters to help remind people in the Sonic hacking community of the event so everyone who's participating has enough time to get their hacks ready.

I've never personally used a newsletter for any of my communities. However, I'm a judge for the Sonic Hacking Contest, and we use Newsletters to help remind people in the Sonic hacking community of the event so everyone who's participating has enough time to get their hacks ready.
Thanks for posting the word sonic! You just reminded me I need to watch the sonic the hedgehog movie :D

I think it depends on the niche. I'm not sure what I'd put in a newsletter for my forum that isn't already in the weekly forum digests. But I could see it working for a book forum.

I wouldn't mind advertising in someone else's newsletter is it's relevant, but, again, I do wonder how effective it would really be in the grand scheme of things. I'm certainly not willing to pay hundreds to try it out!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest