Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

New visitors vs returning visitors: which one is good for a site

As a fundamental guideline, I might want to see 1/3 of the site guests as returning. The returning guests frequently have lower skip rates, higher avg. meeting length and pages per meeting (in examination with the new visitors).The Difference Between New and Returning Visitors
New Visitors are those exploring to your site unexpectedly on a particular gadget. Returning Visitors have visited your site previously and are back for additional.

Advertisement Placeholder
I think they are both good for the site, but the key is to make a new visitor who is visiting the sure fit the first time become a regular, that is why you have to have the content to make them stay and make them want for more.

You need both, in fact you need to have a balance between new visitors and old visitors. If your site is an online store, you need new visitors to earn more but you also need old visitors for stability. If you are earning from ads, you need new visitors to earn from ads, where as old visitors will get you quality traffic

I think both new and returning visitors are important. Since in both cases there is the interest of the visitors. To do this, you must maintain good quality content that arouses their interest since these in turn generate income on the site. Click generation also depends on posts

You need both the returning and new visitors to create more traffic on your website. The only thing is that you need to add a little more in handling the new visitor in other to convince them on returning back.

Returning visitors are your best bet because they found value that's why they keep coming back. For new visitors they probably won't like the content you have and won't come back again. Then returning visitors are more likely to bring on others as opposed to a new visitor. I feel the returning visitors edge this one totally in terms of what they offer.

If you are running adsense ads on your site, you need more new visitors. If the returning visitors click on your ads, adsense will suspect you for click fraud. Returning visitors clicking ads regularly is not good for your site.

based on what the users have said here, I believe you need new visitors as well as returning visitors if you want to grow your website and generate revenue. The most important thing to consider is your site gets visitors regularly.

Personally for me both the new and old visitors on a particular site is a very good deal that grows products and services faster than one can imagine. It still boils down to having a good structure in place to grow what ever you wish to grow.

Any of the visitors can help keep the site running high on traffic. The returning visitors are well accustomed the site while the new members just come in, with little knowledge about the site. Large traffic makes a website to attract more adsense network to seek for approval to get more revenue

Both new and returning visitors are important in a business as they create revenue for the business, new customers when given the right treatment become returning customers which would increase new members.

Well, any visitors coming to your site is good, however, when visitors starts revisiting your site, you should interpret this as the increased popularity of your website. I think this is good for your site.

Not just any visitors, your visitors should be coming from reputed sources like social sites, search engines, question and answer sites, and discussion boards. If they are coming from PTC and traffic exchange, that's not good.

New visitors on your site are the people who land on yoir website for the first time. Returning visitors are the people who come to your site second time, third time, etc. When you get returning visitors, it signify that people like your content. You can convert new visitors to returning visitors by building useful and interesting content. But the main question is what kind of visitors are good for your site in terms of revenue generation? Will you earn more if you have new visitors or if you have returning visitors? The revenue generation I am talking about is from ad impression and ad click.
I don't think it should matter in terms of revenue generation, anyone of them can click on your website if it is for ad click for ad impression returning visitors are more likely to make an impact, it means they see something worthwhile on your website .

New visitors on your site are the people who land on yoir website for the first time. Returning visitors are the people who come to your site second time, third time, etc. When you get returning visitors, it signify that people like your content. You can convert new visitors to returning visitors by building useful and interesting content. But the main question is what kind of visitors are good for your site in terms of revenue generation? Will you earn more if you have new visitors or if you have returning visitors? The revenue generation I am talking about is from ad impression and ad click.
Both new and returning visitors are good and will benefit a sit because they both have their diffrent advantages, returning visitors already knows everything about the sites and Inc they enter the site they starts working but new visitors are eager to work and earn from the site.

Well i prefer new investors because they have more conversion and could basically help your adsense traffic have more Quality and also boost your earning ,also if you have affiliate link on your site returning visitors is the best thing you should try

New visitor and old visitor in any business are key non is irrelevant both are important because of you well charactered they can serve as networking customers for your business that's if they are treated well.

I don't think it should matter in terms of revenue generation, anyone of them can click on your website if it is for ad click for ad impression returning visitors are more likely to make an impact, it means they see something worthwhile on your website .
If returning visitors start clicking ads on your site, the advertisers will interpret this as incentive traffic, invalid traffic and click fraud. Your returning visitors and regular visitors should not click on ads for your safety.

If returning visitors start clicking ads on your site, the advertisers will interpret this as incentive traffic, invalid traffic and click fraud. Your returning visitors and regular visitors should not click on ads for your safety.
Wait I don't understand what you're saying Nomad, do you mean it is not advisable for returning visitors to click on your ads? Why is this so? I see different ads everyday on the websites I visit, what about if I'm interested in them?

Both new and returning visitors are important in a business as they create revenue for the business, new customers when given the right treatment become returning customers which would increase new members.
Like what you just said that both the new and the returning visitor's are good and can both benefit a site or a business because the both of them will generate revenue income for the site owner but returning visitors should be given a special treatment because they have been in the site for a long time.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds