Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Never be afraid of setting up your own businesses?

Very true but at the same time one has to dot the i' s and cross the T Inorder to avoid pitfalls and traps along the way. One has to understand the business very well before starting. You also need to start small and slowly and gradually move bigger weight.

Advertisement Placeholder
Most people fear failure because they think failure makes you a bad person and a loser and people will look down on you. Another fear is that you could lose all or most of your money and possessions. That's why people are scared to start their business. Fear of failure sometimes starts the vicious cycle of procrastination, we don't want to fail so we avoid even trying. This can hinder your ability to learn and to give your best efforts.

Truly fear comes in when u want to start a business either small or large scale business cause there's alot of challenges for an entrepreneur to face when handling a business that why you have to be determined and focus on anything you want to start up with

With God, nothing is impossible, so I believe when you're truly interested in setting up a business of your own, you should put away all the belief of impossibility and rather work towards achieving your goal

Even after acquiring necessary knowledge about a business I was so scared of starting my business until one day when I was able to conquer my phobia. I realized I was scared of failure. Pointing out the problem provided me with a solution. I realized the word ‘I can’t’ is an impossible word and should be erased from minds when trying to start a business. Just do it. Failure is normal. You’ll learn

Until I learnt NEVER TO UNDERSTAND WHAT IMPOSSIBLE MEANS I was so afraid of setting up my own business having acquired all necessary knowledgeto run such businesses.
Every time I come up with an idea, I share it with my prospective business partners and their response is always not possible to setup that in my state, impossible because of the law, impossible to get such capital e.t.c
What "IMPOSSIBLE" response do you surmount to setup your business?
Everyone who wants to start his own business has a fear that he can always move the business forward or he will have to suffer any harm. And I think it's a natural process, man's panic is a natural process. And when man goes on to overcome this panic, he certainly succeeds. I have seen many people who were very nervous and scared before starting a business, but today they are known as successful businessmen. Therefore, before starting any work, man must overcome his panic...

hmm this thread is very important and I feel happy commenting on it. Firstly if you know you are not ready for business and you don't have the right mindset Pls don't venture into it, if you are ready for a business but you don't have the right mindset don't go into it. even if you are not ready for a business but you have the mindset that the business will flourish Pls venture into it because you have the belief that you will excel in the field you'll make it

I've thought of starting up a few businesses but I end up not starting because of procrastination and analysis paralysis...... These are part of the things that hinder our success in life.... I'm really trying my best to work on these things by reading books and taking helpful classes... soon I will overcome them and start my business

It's good to listen to those prospective business partners if they have the experience, because it's that experience that is the backbone of every blueprint. But it's always good to try starting up something of your own, it's the bedrock of Independence and first step to success.

Of course to startup a business, there is not only need of capiatal, resources and experience but also some courage and zeal to startup a business. For making an investment in the business there is needed of powers of minds to invest.

Until I learnt NEVER TO UNDERSTAND WHAT IMPOSSIBLE MEANS I was so afraid of setting up my own business having acquired all necessary knowledgeto run such businesses.
Every time I come up with an idea, I share it with my prospective business partners and their response is always not possible to setup that in my state, impossible because of the law, impossible to get such capital e.t.c
What "IMPOSSIBLE" response do you surmount to setup your business?
The most common problem people face with regard to starting a business is fear failure. They forget that there cannot be profit without taking risks. Instead of thinking"what if I fail?" Start thinking "what if I succeed?"

Before I start my own business, whenever I see people that doing business that I willing to start, I would wonder how to get my own customers. But when I started my own business I gradually get customers by plan/strategies and strive. Later I realized that panic is just a obstacle.

I have never be afraid of citing and setting up my business. I only face challenge of getting capital. But presently am trying to locate investors that I can share my business idea with. And hoping they will have interest in my business idea, and invest in it.

You should never be afraid of setting up your own business because the business giants you see today once started frim a small stage too, nothing comes easy so you have to be dedicated and consistent in your policies, ensure you make proper research before setting up your business, you need to be well-armed with information.

Yeah similar responses though especially in our country where in truth the laws of the state and the structures set up possibly by the government to restrict and prevent SMEs from thriving is truly a scary thought, so it will most likely discourage the average individual from going on with their business plans.

Setting up a business require certain knowledge, the best thing is to set up a business in an aspect which you love most, if you love watches and understand how to market them, you can deal in them, do make sure to make a business plan highlighting your budget and use of resources to aid a better future.

I think this is a really good topic. Although one should take care and caution, as business is a whole different story entirely, but when it hits big, it is a life saver
Yes one shouldn't be scared, but it is important to take caution at all times before investing.

I was burned twice with my start up although the business lasted longer than people had expected. The first one did not last a year but the 2nd stab lasted for 4 years and was quite successful. The reason for closing is not bankruptcy but just a failed partnership. Now I still have many business ideas but to be honest I do not have the volition to make another start up. I can raise enough capital for trading dry goods but I am afraid of the stress that a business can give me.

A lot of people are afraid of getting out of their comfort zone, they prefer to get salary rather than setting up their own business, the fear is always the fear of risking their capital, what if the business doesn't turn out well, what if the business collapsed on the way

I have gotten quite a lot of negative response when going to look for suggestions on starting my business, or when when going for Consultation, these suggestions could be very demoralizing and can make you want to quit even before starting out your business.
But you have to keep yourself strong during this course, believing that the crazier the idea the better in this fast changing world we find ourselves.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds