Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

.Net Domains with Two or Three Characters

Jason

Royal member
Website
drummerlesson.com
Credits
Who has seen them? Well, they would be worth big money, though probably not as much as a two or three character .com. Well, Myself, I doubt if I could just register such .net domains. I also think they would be hard to find. Who has tried to find them? What was your results? Has anyone tried to register or buy these domains? I think the probability of finding someone doing that is low.

Well, for 2 letters, there’s only 676 possibilities, 1296 if you include the 0-9 digits. For 3 letters there’s 17576 letter combinations, 46656 including numbers, so a bit more chance.

I remember faking out a 2 letter .net back in 2009 using my hosts file for some dev we were doing (because I was too lazy to type the full name) and even then it was assumed all the 2 letter combos were gone.

But you also run the risk of getting a rubbish name in the 3-4 space because they’re not good brand names (or the good brands are already taken)

Fun fact, my client admitted yesterday he paid £11k for his 4 letter dot-com.

No digits, the 4 letters do not spell a word and the first 3 letters are a super super obscure industry acronym that has only been kicking around for a few years, followed by an X…

3 letter .com have been around 15k or higher for a long time.
4 letter that is high.
i had 2 letter .net
i still have some three letter 3 character domains.

I have a couple of dot net domains, and my domains are one or two characters.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor