Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Mybb alerts

Claraviolet

Renowned member
Credits
According to me, mybb alerts is the best plugin. It notifies the user when someone replies to their threads or quotes them in their posts. Well it also notifies someone when someone sends a PM :D

Still, mybb alerts is only available as a plugin to mybb. Do you think that's fair? It's better to embed them in the main software. Well, according to me anyway. What are your opinions about this matter?

Advertisement Placeholder
I didn't get the chance to try it out yet, but I think it's great. SMF although has a better notification plugin :D

I didn't get the chance to try it out yet, but I think it's great. SMF although has a better notification plugin :D
What?
I thought you are using "mybb forum software" in your forum, Shole.
Don't tell me that you are not using the mybb alerts plugin in your forum. It's the best plugin out there and I highly recommend mybb alerts plugin for anyone :D
It can even alert you, regarding a PM and reputation too :D

I wish that it was built in to MyBB. That was always something I disliked about MyBB was the alerts. Even the new phpBB has alerts, while MyBB doesn't.

I wish that it was built in to MyBB. That was always something I disliked about MyBB was the alerts. Even the new phpBB has alerts, while MyBB doesn't.
Well, mybb development is trying to do that for mybb 2.0.
It seems like they are considering that for a long time now. Some users didn't want alerts, so they made it as a plugin.
It isn't entirely mybb's fault :(

I never personally tested out this plugin, and I only wished I would have found out about this plugin sooner when I owned my forum community. However, my forums now has a new owner, but that will not stop me from recommending the plugin.
If it wasn't for this amazing post here, I still wouldn't know about this amazing plugin!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds