Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

MyBB 1.6 or 1.8?

Maximum1

Credits
What MyBB version do you prefer at the moment? 1.6 or 1.8?

I quite enjoyed 1.6 because of the mass amount of plugins, mods, and themes that are available for it but 1.8 has a more clean and fast feeling in my opinion.

Advertisement Placeholder
If I were to start a forum right now, I'd use 1.6 because of the themes/plug ins that 1.8 won't have for a while.

Never really run a forum on 1.8 so I'm not sure if it much better but I liked 1.6.
Plus the amount of current plugins and themes available for 1.6 is better so if I were to start a forum then it would be with 1.6
However I have seen a few customized themes for myBB 1.8 and they look beautiful

While 1.6 has all the themes and plugins like some of you have already pointed out, did you all know that the 1.6 themes do work perfectly fine with 1.8?I upgraded my project from 1.6 into 1.8 earlier with the theme I have been working on, after the upgrade finished, my theme moved over perfectly. Sadly it still had all the bugs I had in 1.6, but I wasn't expecting the version update to fix the bugs anyway. I have also seen many other websites using 1.6 themes on 1.8, so the "lack of themes" I always hear people talking about isn't actually an issue, I just don't believe people know that most themes will actually still work after upgrading. :)

Although there is the lack of plugins, but all the necessary plugins, the ones which you are going to be downloading are already created for 1.8. Or well, that's what I find personally anyway. All the current plugins I had in mind for my project are available for 1.8, which is just great. I personally find that when you go through the 1.6 plugin pages, there are a lot of plug repeats(remakes) and/or a lot of them are just kind of to look 'cool' instead of actual plugin features a forum needs.

So my vote is defiantly having to go for 1.8! Loving the MyBB software so much more now I've upgraded it.

Mybb 1.8 is better than mybb 1.6.
Also, if the plugins are not vulnerable, we can even use mybb 1.6 plugins with mybb 1.8.

I prefer MyBB 1.8. Much nicer than 1.6. And 1.6 themes do work on 1.8, so yeah.

I like myBB 1.8 better because all of the themes work on this update and there is a variety of plugins you can get.

If MyBB 1.8 actually had plugins that most people want instead of all the plugins that are pretty useless despite a few, then I would say 1.8. However 1.6 has all the resources, so it just depends on what you need. 1.8 offers some new features but nothing "omg" worth.

I prefer MyBB 1.8. Much nicer than 1.6. And 1.6 themes do work on 1.8, so yeah.

Yeah, thats why 1.8 is better, plus eventually all of of the modifications will catch up, so the latest version is always the way to go, unless its unstable

Of course, MyBB 1.8x. MyBB 1.8x is more enhanced than MyBB 1.6x is so many different ways. I'm talking about the nice themes, the new plugins, etc. The one thing I don't like about 1.8x is that you can't use 1.6x themes or plugins on 1.8x; it's such a pain!

MyBB 1.8 has not many plugins and most ones are paid that are free on MyBB 1.6
That is the only problem

I personally enjoyed having Mybb 1.6 because of all the plugins and such, but now I have Mybb 1.8 because the site needed to be updated. However, I believe Mybb is working on creating top notch plugins and mods for Mybb 1.8. So, I won't feel left out too much longer. :p

Definitely prefer 1.8. It has a few features which should of been implemented in 1.6 but weren't. It's actually a much faster version. I tested it beside an install of 1.6 and everything seemed to load faster, which is what we all want right?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds