Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

My Mistake as a young entrepreneur

Dowenship

Captain Junkie
Credits
It just came to my mind to share my personal experience of my mistake as a young entrepreneur. I will keep updating this thread because its a long story which I will like some few entrepreneur to learn from and which I have learn along the way.

As an undergraduate in school then i was able to obtain a job at a company (oil and gas in particular), but last year something came up which led to our termination in the job. I'v been with this company for the past five years. The first two years I spent I don't really know what to use the little stipend I got from my savings. I don't know what to use it for. I borrowed people and never collected the money back.
So last year came I decided to do something with my life.😋 which was fowl rearing, i started with 50little chicks, already counting my profit because I use my salaries to feed them then the termination came, I couldn't afford the money for feeding and drugs, and they started dying one after the other.( a painful experience I will never forget). Then I realize I'v not been saving. Thinking that I can never have issue with my job( because I have a relative brother as one of the board at the company).

LESSON LEARNT INCOMING SOON😊😊....

Advertisement Placeholder
Well just like you said you have learned your lessons. It is important to be more prudent and judicious with money we earn no matter how little it may be. I think you should have started your poultry business sooner when you still had the income coming in. No worries , you learned an important lesson and move forward.

Entrepreneurs often think they need to raise outside capital right away. But the bottom line is that you're much better off beginning by earning money on a smaller scale for your startup.
There's always a way to validate a concept on a small scale and small dollars, whether it's with a small digital campaign, farmer's markets,

It just came to my mind to share my personal experience of my mistake as a young entrepreneur. I will keep updating this thread because its a long story which I will like some few entrepreneur to learn from and which I have learn along the way.

As an undergraduate in school then i was able to obtain a job at a company (oil and gas in particular), but last year something came up which led to our termination in the job. I'v been with this company for the past five years. The first two years I spent I don't really know what to use the little stipend I got from my savings. I don't know what to use it for. I borrowed people and never collected the money back.
So last year came I decided to do something with my life.😋 which was fowl rearing, i started with 50little chicks, already counting my profit because I use my salaries to feed them then the termination came, I couldn't afford the money for feeding and drugs, and they started dying one after the other.( a painful experience I will never forget). Then I realize I'v not been saving. Thinking that I can never have issue with my job( because I have a relative brother as one of the board at the company).

Everyone makes mistakes at one point or the other, the most important thing is learning from them and making sure it never happens again.
Waiting patiently for the conclusion of your story and hoping to learn a thing or two.

Entrepreneurs often think they need to raise outside capital right away. But the bottom line is that you're much better off beginning by earning money on a smaller scale for your startup.
There's always a way to validate a concept on a small scale and small dollars, whether it's with a small digital campaign, farmer's markets.

Hmmm, this can be really painful. That is why it always good to against the raining days. If you had saved some money then, you won't have gone bankrupt and you would have been able to rear your fowls well to the point of sales.

thank you for sharing your experience

I think so many people will learn from this post it is not just enough to start an investment or business like I've always said in some other post if I have any salary I will divide my money into three equal parts 1 for savings 1 for spending and one for investments or business

Human is err, every person in this world make mistakes in life, because no one is perfect here in the world.
But you have learned a lot from your mistakes and that is very brilliant thing, so you should move forward with positive mind and attitude.

My biggest challenge or mistake as young enterprenuer is starting a business without business plans and sharing my vision with a friend who stole the idea

One major lesson I have learnt in life is that from the day one you start any work start preparing to leave and plan ahead for life so as not to regret in the long run.

Mistake is inevitable in business. As a young entrepreneur as you called yourself, it's better you make mistake and discover your mistakes now, because it's going to help you manage and mentor others into such business in future. I have learnt from your mistakes now, I will always be good it work on a safer side.

This is so touching, unfortunately many young people are making same mistakes today, toeing lanes people before them had failed on.

No matter how little young people should invest and also save no matter how little, if you get a well paying job, the first thing to think is how to invest part of your earnings, it will be of great succour in no time.

As humans, mistake is a part of our existence. We are bound to make mistakes. Growing up as an entrepreneur, the mistake I made was, I was so desperate to hit it big within a short frame time. I went all in without the adequate experience to control such a big investment. I know better now.

This is why it's important to save. We may have a job today but we don't know for sure what will happen tomorrow. Right now I'm still studying and I'm trying to save, (hopefully this won't happen) but there's a possibility that I will have a hard time getting a job once I graduate.

Thinking that the World is easy and all is well. Every young entrepreneur is liable to numerous mistakes. It could be accountability, it could be the issue of youthful exuberance and also love spending. This it's not to discourage young entrepreneurs but to let them know the realities of life and things that they will face ahead.
[automerge]1612066584[/automerge]
Thinking that the World is easy and all is well. Every young entrepreneur is liable to numerous mistakes. It could be accountability, it could be the issue of youthful exuberance and also love spending. This it's not to discourage young entrepreneurs but to let them know the realities of life and things that they will face ahead.

Your story is very inspiring behind everything you have been through. It is still very important to finish school, because you have a big advantage especially when you are looking for jobs. I seem to see myself in you, but the difference is, I did not think of doing business, the similarity is that we have not thought of continuing our studies since we can hold money from our own hard work.

• Waiting too long to launch. The biggest competitive advantage a startup has against big corporations is speed and adaptability. ...
  • Staying in control every step of the way. ...
  • Raising too much money too early. ...
  • Keeping your idea a secret.

A sad story of mistake, but i appreciate you because you got a lesson from that mistake and did not do this again. This is now become your experience, a man can learn from mistakes better than any mentor. Like a song, a man lean from kicks better than almond.

It is good that you learnt and from your experience you cannot repeat that once again.
In any job or business it is always advisable to save even if its 5% of your salary because you don't know what the future holds.
For example like in your case you never thought of loosing your job and that is why you didn't save for future.

Over the past year, I’ve met various numbers of young people who chose to go the entrepreneurial route after high school rather than attend college.

I’ve seen students come right out of graduation with unparalleled passion and ideas about building a business. These young entrepreneurs are leading the way toward an economic future that has yet to be seen.

Although building a business at a young age is exciting, I’ve seen some critical mistakes in this space.

Here are five mistakes young entrepreneurs tend to make along with some tips that can benefit you and your startup.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds