Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Mozilla Plans to Steal Your Traffic and Block Your Ads

JLogan

Legendary member
Website
www.clickreadshare.com
Credits
Not entirely true, but hey ... I got you to pay attention.

But, Mozilla is making a pretty dumb move and is aiming to block third party cookies. This means:
  1. People won't see your ads.
  2. You won't be able to track Firefox vistors via any analytics program (Google analytics).
  3. Affiliate cookies will not work (Boom there goes some more revenue).
As an example of what could happen, if Mozilla blocks third party cookies, then 32% of my blogs monthly traffic will go unaccounted for. And that's x,xxx visitors ... and it's not even the most popular browser coming to my site.

My blog mostly makes it revenue through ads, and if Mozilla does something like this, then you can't even imagine what kind of impact that would have on my blogs revenue.

If you could just take a couple moments to read, and sign this petition then that would be awesome!

http://www.iab.net/mozilla_petition/

Advertisement Placeholder
Signed. I have an excellent idea with regard to stopping the growing popularity of adblock actually... but I'd need support from people.

Basically it'd be a site dedicated to giving webmasters options when it comes to adblock. It would give code to:
- Display a soft message "Please consider disabling adblock or whitelist this site. Find out more here: or Close and Continue".
- Display a Social Share if adblock is detected i.e. if a user is using adblock they must either share the content or disable/ whitelist/ pause.
- Hard Block. A code for no entry if adblock is detected and user is redirected to an affiliate offer with a popup as to why they have been.

Thoughts?

Signed. I have an excellent idea with regard to stopping the growing popularity of adblock actually... but I'd need support from people.

Basically it'd be a site dedicated to giving webmasters options when it comes to adblock. It would give code to:
- Display a soft message "Please consider disabling adblock or whitelist this site. Find out more here: or Close and Continue".
- Display a Social Share if adblock is detected i.e. if a user is using adblock they must either share the content or disable/ whitelist/ pause.
- Hard Block. A code for no entry if adblock is detected and user is redirected to an affiliate offer with a popup as to why they have been.

Thoughts?

There's already a bunch of scripts out there that detect adblock, and allows you to do different things.

There's already a bunch of scripts out there that detect adblock, and allows you to do different things.

There are but the idea would be to put everything in one place for Internet users and webmasters. I had other ideas to go with this but that would be the main site function.

There are but the idea would be to put everything in one place for Internet users and webmasters. I had other ideas to go with this but that would be the main site function.

It would be pretty cool if you could have something where users could embed a simple code, and just manage everything from a simple control panel. The only problem with that, is that you would probably need a nice server to manage all those pulls.

It would be pretty cool if you could have something where users could embed a simple code, and just manage everything from a simple control panel. The only problem with that, is that you would probably need a nice server to manage all those pulls.

Yeah that would be a good idea. You could even allow them to earn off their adblock traffic by redirecting the user to a list of paid results related to the website.

I understand this can be really frustrating for site owners as well as advertisers, but this has been a long time coming. There are far too many tracking cookies being delivered to users these days with little to no disclosure of what exactly is being done with all of your data. One ad can piggy back like 20-30 other cookies from various networks and tracking services. You should try out the Disconnect plugin for Chrome to see how much stuff is loaded up in the background when you visit a web page.

Supposedly Google is working on their own new tracking ID, which will replace cookies, and will likely work with these browsers going forward. Hopefully it will standardize a lot of the tracking across networks, making it less of a burden and risk for the end user as well.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds