Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

General Blogging on Third Party Sites

For all the diverse topics that don't quite fit elsewhere.

Nomad

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
Even though I started blogging by publishing on third party blogging and article publishing sites like Helium, Hubpages, Squidoo, etc. I don't like blogging on other websites. My reasons are simple: They take a big chunk of your money, and if they shut down, you lose your income and all the work you put in. This has actually happened to me. There was a site where I had 2k articles and over 8k followers shut down and I lost my income source.

Likewise, you don't have control over your content, if you have not saved your article on your computer, your content might be lost forever when these sites take down your content or shut down. .

When you blog on your own site, you own everything, and you keep all your earnings, you can make money in many ways, for example you can use Adsense, Amazon, BuySellAds, etc. On other sites, your income options are limited. Well, it might seem easier to get traffic and engagement on other sites as they have a lot of registered users but you have to spend a lot of time following and commenting on other people's stuff just to get noticed.

Even though I started blogging by publishing on third party blogging and article publishing sites like Helium, Hubpages, Squidoo, etc. I don't like blogging on other websites. My reasons are simple: They take a big chunk of your money, and if they shut down, you lose your income and all the work you put in. This has actually happened to me. There was a site where I had 2k articles and over 8k followers shut down and I lost my income source.

Likewise, you don't have control over your content, if you have not saved your article on your computer, your content might be lost forever when these sites take down your content or shut down. .

When you blog on your own site, you own everything, and you keep all your earnings, you can make money in many ways, for example you can use Adsense, Amazon, BuySellAds, etc. On other sites, your income options are limited. Well, it might seem easier to get traffic and engagement on other sites as they have a lot of registered users but you have to spend a lot of time following and commenting on other people's stuff just to get noticed.
It would be worth it to blog on well known 3rd party sites, but one should take the precaution of saving articles I think.

I have heard that Google is overwhelmed by articles submitted in some popular niches and are not even indexing some of them.
Having said that blogging on 3rd party sites do have the problems you pointed out.
A writing strategy that involves sharing your articles, and the risk, across several publishing sites might be the way forward.
However, bear in mind that AI is getting better and better at writing articles each year. So a lot of different types of writing may be replaced by AI in 3 - 5 years.

I have heard that Google is overwhelmed by articles submitted in some popular niches and are not even indexing some of them.
Having said that blogging on 3rd party sites do have the problems you pointed out.
A writing strategy that involves sharing your articles, and the risk, across several publishing sites might be the way forward.
However, bear in mind that AI is getting better and better at writing articles each year. So a lot of different types of writing may be replaced by AI in 3 - 5 years.
Your last statement right there is something worth thinking about. I personally don't think AI can completely take over writing jobs. There are some parts of writing that require the manifestation of human feelings, something AI cannot do.

It only needs to emulate them consistently enough to do the job. ^

----

There is a balance to make. Having people come through your venue is the dream. But people need to lead to and be aware of your venue, they need to know you exist. So there is merit to building a name somewhere and having that propel your platform. Always save content you don't want lost forever for any reason. It can be a tricky balance, I know I personally get irritated when I look somewhere and the person is just overtly trying to get people to click on patreon or some site I've never heard of.

I don't blog much, but I always prefer to use self hosting blogging software rather than going with a third party. Wordpress isn't bad though, that would be the only blog host I would trust. Places like Tumblr can go down at any moment, in fact it did affect a few people using the platform for NSFW content for a brief moment in time. Though the same can be said for forum hosts too, you just never know when their platforms could be taken down. Just look what happened with Zetaboards, such a shame.

It would be worth it to blog on well known 3rd party sites, but one should take the precaution of saving articles I think.
A lot of blogging sites where I was active have shut down and they were well known during the time. Owner of one of the sites where I published was even invited to Bloomberg for an interview.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor