Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Most risky business you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookwormlux1

Captain Junkie
Credits
What is the most risky business you know?
Personally I know of people who offer POS services in places where banks are over populated and also rural areas that banking services are hard to access.
I feel this business is too risky because you are always seen handling Money and so you can be a Target of armed robbers because they believe you always have money in your possession.
What business would you say is the most risky?

Advertisement Placeholder
If we talk about risks from thieves, I think that all companies are at the same risk. Now the sites that are most tempting and prone would indeed be POS services. It is also very easy for thieves in small businesses where there are almost no staff or only the owners, such as kiosks, some fast food sales, in my country taxi drivers and carriers who handle money and are very exposed.

Anyway the most risky business I know is gas business. Despite the fact that they do warn their customers not to smoke, some addicted smokers still smoke. And any spillage can cause inferno that may not be quenched. Some may not find it risky, though.

One risky business I Know is poultry farming. If one who doesn't know the in and out of the businesses ventures into it, he can fail miserably. Also, if the farm is located in a secluded area, and appropriate security measures are not taken, thieves can break in and steal.

Talking of financial risk, the worst if them will be HYIP's. You stand to lose your money from the first deposit.

From other point of view, I think it's anything it's commercial driving, especially large trucks. The accident involved are just too bad.

When you are talking about the one prone to malicious attack both offline and online. I will mention "starting of online store, P.O.S business. This kind of business initiative is very prone to cyber attacks.

I agree that the pos business is very risky if you state your reasons like you did. Sincerely, I think there is no business that does not have it's own risk. Business is about knowing the risks involved and still choosing to invest in it anyway because you believe the risks involved can be contained or avoided by you.

Most risky business I know is High Yield Investment Programs. They are more risky than another business because you don't know the particular thing they invest in and how they go about the business.

You just discover that there is capital you deposited is attracting profits.

One thing about them is that they can fold up at any time and their you loose all your money.

I have seen HYaiap that does not last up to 7 days and the investor loose lots of money to the program.

Personally I know of people who offer POS services in places where banks are over populated and also rural areas that banking services are hard to access.
I feel this business is too risky because you are always seen handling Money and so you can be a Target of armed robbers because they believe you always have money in your possession.
According to my opinion, every business that you start without any proper planning and backup plans is risky.
But most of the times online investment without experience may prove very risky and damaging for you, before doing any type of investment, must learn about each and every aspect of that platform.

Talking about risky businesses, armed robbers recently robbed a POS shop I my area, they carted away thousand of naira, It was a well planned robbery. The thing is that robbing a POS shop wouldn't need information because most people knows that they always have money, so I completely agree with you that POS shop is the most risky business.

Business in general is a risky adventure we always undertake and that is why there is either profit or loss in business. So when you undertake a business with low skills or inadequate research about business, that business could be risky.

I have seen two mostly risky business the trading and investment. Both are taking much caring for doing them. Investment we can do in a trusted platform and can't take risk and in the same way trading needs much attention and activeness.

If I assume by dangerous you mean business that are legal but can be harmful either to you or to someone else. I'm not including illegal dealings such as drugs or unlicenced arms dealing. So I presume you're thinking in the line of only legal but harmful.

Honestly all business are risky. The risk can range from you loosing your initial investment. Business make losses at the beginning before breaking even. So before getting in to anufprm of business, its prudent to take calculated risks.

If you decide to start security related business, you may expose yourself to the wrath of bandits and may be fatal. So security related disciplines are dangerous but may be worthy trying. Providing security services, bodyguards, gateman, private investigation.

All Businesses comes with it's own risk even this life itself is a risk. The major fact about business and investment is that it comes with a risk which we must all allow to tank into our head. If you think one business or investment isn't risky then you are in for a whole lots of trouble.

All business are risky, as nothing goes for nothing. There are many common business out there one can indulge into. The question is
Can these business last?
Can it be done anywere any time?
Can it sustain you?
Will you advice people to start it?
All these factors should be considered before venturing into any business.
Nowadays people are always with that mindset to make that money today and forget tomorrow..

One of the most risky business I know is importation of raw materials from other countries. Sometimes your goods can be seezed by custorm and you will lost lots of money. Many business owners have died of heart attack due their goods been band by custorm. As a new person in the business it is very challenging to import and export goods from one country to another.

I think all the businesses are risky because it can lead to fraud at any time or the person you buy the goods from can fraudulently or rob your shop of your belongings. You can take it, so all the businesses are very risky. If you manage it and run it, then you benefit and if you run it that way, you will benefit more and you will benefit from it. Will reduce the risk.

U thi
I think to deal in rice is a very risky business. Because people give rice first and get paid later. There may be fraud. Other such businesses are also found. Like to deal as a broker. So this business os a risk taking. It also has benificial aspects as earning ma be 50% or more in one year.

I can say that there is no business that not risk, because risk is nature of a business. But the most the risky business that knows to me is gas business because apart from thiefs, it's very inflammable and it's easily to burn many things dawn.

I think offline business is very risky, online business is saved because in online you have to save documents and amounts, etc. your transaction is saved, but in offline you are at risk of robbery and always worry about in this .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds