Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Michael Moore Movies

Jason

Royal member
Website
drummerlesson.com
Credits
Michael Moore is another case, like with Oliver Stone, where I love the movies but I disagree with the politics. Well, I admire the fact he is willing to tackle the issues he finds important and to do so in a unique entertaining way. I mean, who else has strongly tackled issues like globalization, health insurance, and 9/11 like he has?

Who has watched his movies? What did you think of them? Do you feel they are biased? Do you feel his take on things is inaccurate? Well, myself, I find his take too left-wing and when he visited Cuba in Sicko, that was over-the-top. :sneaky: O.K., really Mike? Are we to ignore the fact you're in a totalitarian dictatorship?

Roger & Me and the first season of TV Nation were great, but I think too much time in the spotlight dulled Michael Moore's senses. He lost his edge. Up through Bowling for Columbine, his output was at least mediocre, but everything after that was terrible. It's not even that I disagree with him; it's just that he makes bad movies.

Roger & Me and the first season of TV Nation were great, but I think too much time in the spotlight dulled Michael Moore's senses. He lost his edge. Up through Bowling for Columbine, his output was at least mediocre, but everything after that was terrible. It's not even that I disagree with him; it's just that he makes bad movies.
How is it mediocre?

How is it mediocre?
Moore’s documentaries are extremely biased, to the point that they could be seen as propaganda. They are not good sources of accurate information because they are very one-sided and don’t make any attempt to represent any viewpoint other than Moore’s own.

Moore’s documentaries are extremely biased, to the point that they could be seen as propaganda. They are not good sources of accurate information because they are very one-sided and don’t make any attempt to represent any viewpoint other than Moore’s own.
My views on his ideas are mixed. For instance, looking at President Lyndon Johnson, I admired his concern for the poor and discriminated, but I feel a lot, but not all of his legislation, has failed in the long run.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest