Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Members Delete their own posts?

Advertisement Placeholder
They have to message us about that. I have never and will not ever agree with letting members delete their own posts. Editing is fine with me put deleting means you have something to hide in my eyes.

I don't allow members to delete their own posts, they are able to report the post and then I will delete it, but I don't want them to be able to have complete control over their posts.

I do not allow it because then members could just delete or edit any post by them and mess up the discussion. If they have a problem with it they would have to PM me.

I do not allow it because then members could just delete or edit any post by them and mess up the discussion. If they have a problem with it they would have to PM me.
I agree, if members want to change something, they should contact the staff instead of doing it by themselves! :-/

Member Posts and Opinions are the lifeblood of your forum, never would i allow any member to delete his or her posts and i never will allow it. Members are very aware of this opinion it is in my rules:

4.0 Before you post anything, remember that words have consequences, both for you and others. This is true even if they're posted pseudonymously on a discussion board.
Don't post anything you wouldn't want attributed to you in a court of law, quoted on the front page of the tabloids, or read by your mother. Don't come back in a few months or years and ask us to delete all your posts because you can't take the heat or you've "changed your mind." It wouldn't make much difference anyway, since public posts are cached by search engines and recorded by countless other people with varying motives.

Never - If someone needed proof of let's say a post revealing a scam, it would be unwise to let the scammer delete his post on his own.

Personally I think that members should not be allowed to delete a post.

However, I think all members should be able to edit their posts. But their edit histories must be visible to moderators and admins.

I do not allow them to delete their own posts.
If one would get upset, they may delete all their posts and if they had hundreds or thousands it may impact the forum.

I do not allow them to delete their own posts.
If one would get upset, they may delete all their posts and if they had hundreds or thousands it may impact the forum.

Yes, by allowing members to delete posts, admin will be asking for trouble.

Just imagine, one person deleting hundreds of his/her posts because he/she got mad at admin. It will hurt the forum badly.

I always thought it would be alright if a member could delete their own posts but after reading these comments, I realized that it would cause many disastrous problems!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds