Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Maximum Bandwith and Server space????

digital help

Recognized member
Credits
I am interested in hostmetro.com, but they say they offer Maximum bandwidth and Maximum space. I am guessing that does mean it is not unlimited, does anybody know what it means?

THIS IS NO AFFILIATE LINK OR SPAM

Advertisement Placeholder
I am interested in hostmetro.com, but they say they offer Maximum bandwidth and Maximum space. I am guessing that does mean it is not unlimited, does anybody know what it means?

THIS IS NO AFFILIATE LINK OR SPAM

It just means unmetered. They will limit your account by other means and a strict TOS. You most likely will not use more than a gb of space though...

Their pricing appears to be a little misleading. I know that some hosts do this but it's annoying. On the front page they say "Now Only $2.45 /mo" but that's the triennial price. Monthly it is $7.95 + $14.49 setup fee. They really should say: "From 2.45 /mo" or better yet, actually admit their monthly price is $7.95.

They really should say: "From 2.45 /mo" or better yet, actually admit their monthly price is $7.95.
They probably won't until someone calls them out on that issue and does some damage to their reputation. At least that's what I've experienced with other hosting companies, I might be wrong.

I guess they wanted to try a new word instead of using "unlimited" or "unmetered". I suppose everyone is use to these words and the web hosting community knows it as a "over seller" so I see the website wanted to perhaps get passed this with a new phrase. Nonetheless, it still means the same.

Their pricing appears to be a little misleading. I know that some hosts do this but it's annoying. On the front page they say "Now Only $2.45 /mo" but that's the triennial price. Monthly it is $7.95 + $14.49 setup fee. They really should say: "From 2.45 /mo" or better yet, actually admit their monthly price is $7.95.

Ha ha Hostisto does that. Example, the 0.99/m is only if you pay yearly. However we had pointed this out on our web hosting page that it is priced based on annual plans. So its not completely misleading :wink:

They probably won't until someone calls them out on that issue and does some damage to their reputation. At least that's what I've experienced with other hosting companies, I might be wrong.
We had someone come to us about that. Which made us decide to place the "based on annual purchase" phrase on the web hosting page. Though I'm not sure it ruins any reputation. Nearly most web hosts out there do this. Its a marketing strategy. A honorable one? Perhaps not, but one indeed. People are use to it. People probably expect it by now xD

I for one like doing it this way. I think I have only ever had one person buy that plan on a monthly basis, every single other person was yearly. Which in the long run I believe helped us grow to where we are today, and gain the long term client base that we have and not just clients that sign up for a month or two.

Edit:
I just went and checked them out. I just looked at their prices. I don't up price the monthly cost by the way they do wow xD They also charge a $15 set up fee if you choose monthly. I seen several hosts do this. Can't stand that xD Might as well choose their other options, or go with another host :/

Last edited:
I've read more of their TOS. They also limit the amount of files and will suspend your account if you use more than 10% of the server's bandwidth or space for 90 seconds. Now I am interested in bluehost or hostgator.

I've read more of their TOS. They also limit the amount of files and will suspend your account if you use more than 10% of the server's bandwidth or space for 90 seconds. Now I am interested in bluehost or hostgator.

BlueHost and HostGator are both owned by EIG. The feedback I've been reading suggests both have gone downhill after the ownership change. If you are looking for "unlimited" hosting I can recommend Arvixe.com (I host my Wallpaper site there). I would also suggest you consider hosts that have limited diskspace and bandwidth. As I said, you are unlikely to use as much space as you think. @JLogan hosts with StableHost and has recommended it to others in the past. @Jordan owns Hostisto which has some great reviews. Plato (@xpl0iter) and myself own HolderHost which also has had good feedback.

What sort of website are you trying to find hosting for?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds