Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

General Why make your own forum?

For all the diverse topics that don't quite fit elsewhere.

Jason

Legendary member
Bronze Member
Website
drummerlesson.com
What special take on things do you have to offer? Well, this thread does seem critical, but actually I can understand to a large degree why someone wants their own forum. For instance, looking at the drumming niche, I know there is two other established and busy forums, but I feel like I have something unique to offer and the tech ability to broadcast it.

Anyway, of course, critics will point out that a "I'm special" (sarcasm) artist is what the world is full of. I mean, there's a billion starving artists in New York City or LA. Who are we kidding?

Note: What I write here is exaggerations.

I created a forum on Jcink specifically for resources because it seemed like Jcink was in dire need of an active resource forum since most were either dead or mostly RPG-related. It's also the forum software that's probably most similar to what I was used to using in the past being an InvisionFree/ZetaBoards junkie. I have no backend experience, so that's another reason I chose it over self-hosting.

I feel I have a lot of unique codes and skins that a lot of other forums on the software do not have to offer.

Because I want to help others. Both of my forums were created because I became very interested in a niche, learned a lot about it, and wanted to share that information so that others could benefit.

I wanted a place where I could talk to like minded individuals, and not have to worry about trolls or strict moderators. As for Gex Forums, I felt that a general forum would work best for this series. The Discord and sub reddit are great too, but I like the structure and organization you get from a forum. Heck we've even collaborated with the founder of both the Sub reddit and Discord server.

I will say it clearly. I was making money on blogs, so I wanted to create forums and make even more money.

I tend to open a forum if I have an idea for a forum that I know will help others. I also tend to go for unique reasons to open a forum where I can.

I wouldn't say I am against making money on forums but at the moment, any forums I own that are not the focus of having them and running them. Maybe in time when I have more time, I could focus on forums to earn money but that is a long way off yet.

I wanted to have fun with friends, and avoid someone online in the process.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 20 80.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds