Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Long and Short Domains

Jason

Royal member
Website
drummerlesson.com
Credits
Which ones do you like better? Do you like ones that in-between better? What are some advantages to each type or the in-between situation? Myself, I've seen that shorter domains are better and normally they sell better. However, though, longer domains can be good if they really tell people what the site is about. For instance, a maybe fictional site called UsedCarsOfMiami.com really gets to the point.

Depends how often I have to type it in. If not often then I don't really care.

I prefer to use shorter names myself, it's easier to remember the name of a site if it's shorter. (Or at least it's easier for me to remember.) Or heck even better, have a long name but abbreviate the name to a few letters. I've done this in the past, when I still owned Mighty No. 9 Universe.

I do not think anyone likes long domain but sadly a lot of us end up using long domains.

Randomly I think it is mildly tragic that I own a 4 letter .org and the best use I have for it is for my dev stuff because I have no better use for a word from Ancient Greek otherwise. Though it seems the term has otherwise been claimed by a combination of fashion brands and cable vendors.

I have always been someone who prefers a shorter domain name if I can or if it is possible.

Shorter domain names tend to be easier to remember and I believe that is key.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor