Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Local E-commerce vs Dropshipping

Patrik

Verified Noob :)
Credits
The good thing about e-commerce is that it can be started by any budget you have, no need for a very decent budget to start, but the profit is few compared to the dropshipping, as there is a huge competition from local stores and sellers around you, dropshipping gives you the ability to sell things that you don't even have, which means, multiple types of listing, but it needs a decent capital (sort of) to start.
Which one do you think is better to engage in ?

Advertisement Placeholder
The thing is that E-commerce us the most popular option but it's not the most profitable option, dropshipping business is not that profitable in my area because most people don't know about it so therefore making it not to be that profitable but with time it will overcome this. Before then, I will go for E-commerce as it's more popular right now.

I am confused by your description of e-commerce and dropshipping. You have no capital in dropshipping. All you need is to get a supplier who would agree for you to promote his products and that you will be given a commission. You can post your marketing promotion of the agreed products in social media. When you get an order the supplier will deliver and the customer pays you. So there is practically no capital. With the local e-commerce it is not clear if you will be the owner of the website or you will just be a seller.

The Difference Between ecommerce Fulfillment and drop shipping, Game of Thrones Style. The biggest difference between ecommerce and fulfillment is an ecommerce business doesn't purchase or handle inventory before the sale. Your supplier holds onto inventory until the moment you make a sale.

If you want to do dropship, you can start with zero capital. You need a website though. Unlike dropshipping, where you don't have to acquire products to sell, if you are selling from local ecommerce platforms you need products in your warehouse. When you are selling your own products, you need money to manufacture your products or procure products.

All you need is to get a supplier who would agree for you to promote his products and that you will be given a commission.
that's more like affiliate marketing than dropshipping, that's not how it works my friend, dropshipping means listing items that you don't have, and when getting an order, you buy and ship it to the buyer

Yea they both have their perks and disadvantages. Well the issue with dropshipping will be getting a trusted supplier, secure that and you are good to go, I think dropshipping is better all round even though the market is saturated too.

Drop shipping is vey good especially fr those who have no capital or those who strictly take it as a little part time business, i would prefer having my own ecommerce no matter how small i have to start, the capital would definitely depend on the kind of products you wish to offer, logistics should not be a problem, there are lots of available merchants who can handle all. I call them ecommerce solutions!

The biggest difference between drop-shipping and eCommerce business doesn't purchase or handle inventory before the sale. but since you purchase a bulk amount of inventory up front, the initial cost is higher but your margins are better and you have more control on how much you have in stock.

Your supplier takes over the inventory until you sell. This is a huge benefit for startups or other cash-strapped businesses that don't have a lot of money flowing in, as they don't have to make a loose change on the extra inventory.

On the flip side, completion means owning an inventory and storing it in your garage, through an Amazon warehouse, or like Red Stag.

Running an e-commerce business is much easier when you don’t have to deal with physical products. With dropshipping, you don’t have to worry about Managing or paying for a warehouse or Packing and shipping your orders

It depends on the individual and what works for them. Somebody might prefer dropshipping while others local E-commerce. Personally, I prefer local E-commerce because it is stress free when compared to dropshipping and I get to work with what I have as against waiting for goods to be shipped from abroad.

The good thing about e-commerce is that it can be started by any budget you have, no need for a very decent budget to start, but the profit is few compared to the dropshipping, as there is a huge competition from local stores and sellers around you, dropshipping gives you the ability to sell things that you don't even have, which means, multiple types of listing, but it needs a decent capital (sort of) to start.
For a starter, local drop shipping is the best option. But once you begin to move forward, you can upgrade your business to e-commerce platform as well.

I think to me the best is the e commerce... You really don't capital to start with drop shipping but e-commerce is common and it's highly profitable.. I'll advice e commerce

Id rather opt for e-commerce, I don't really like dropshipping it's disadvantages are more, I prefer to sell what I own. All I need is a website and Facebook ads

Fulfillment, on the other hand, entails owning the product and keeping it in your garage, an Amazon warehouse, or a fulfilment centre like Red Stag Fulfillment. The initial cost is higher since you buy a large quantity of inventory up front, but the margins are lower and you have more leverage over how much you have in stock.

I prefer local e-commerce than dopshipping, at least in e-commerce you can buy and sell and also market your products online.

You can engage in either which is profitable, in dropshipping you don't have to have the finances because i have seen people do the dropshipping business without money. What the do is get orders from their clients and the go and collect the products from the producer's/manufacturer and sell it to the client, the remove their commission and pay the producers.

You have asked, which is better or which would i choose between e-commerce and dropshipping, if i am being very honest with you I really don't know much about these two but i have to say that i see e-commerce a lot online, it's very popular

I know the both of them are quite similar. But I would advise you engage in the one you have the more interest in. It should be the one you have the better skills in too.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds