Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Local E-commerce vs Dropshipping

Yeah for both of them have advantage and also have disadvantages for e-commerce and drop shipping, like for e-commerce has only for online as to fulfillments none like drop shipping.

Advertisement Placeholder
I had no idea on dropshipping.
Just followed through the thread and I have gathered some information.
Thanks for bringing up the subject.
The good thing about e-commerce is that it can be started by any budget you have, no need for a very decent budget to start, but the profit is few compared to the dropshipping, as there is a huge competition from local stores and sellers around you, dropshipping gives you the ability to sell things that you don't even have, which means, multiple types of listing, but it needs a decent capital (sort of) to start.
Which one do you think is better to engage in ?

The biggest difference between drop-shipping and eCommerce business doesn't purchase or handle inventory before the sale. but since you purchase a bulk amount of inventory up front, the initial cost is higher but your margins are better and you have more control on how much you have in stock.
I completely agree with you that dropshipping does not handle any form of stock taking orders for e-commerce you will get to and do some stock-taking but not all the time and we date we can see that drop shipping is actually better than e-commerce business.

Drop shipping is not even popular that popular in my area and most people don't even quite understand its concept whereas e-commerce is really gaining popularity.

You can talk about dropshipping without mentioning e-commerce, as both of them involves buying, selling, delivery and commission. Dropshipping is already a hot cake over here in my country and though the profit isn't much but the business is booming.

The good thing about e-commerce is that it can be started by any budget you have, no need for a very decent budget to start, but the profit is few compared to the dropshipping, as there is a huge competition from local stores and sellers around you, dropshipping gives you the ability to sell things that you don't even have, which means, multiple types of listing, but it needs a decent capital (sort of) to start.
The issue will altimately be for the individual to decide,because sometimes if the money is avialable you can just set up a store and do some promotion about your product online.

Both are easy ways to making money off the internet,drop shipping is much simpler to Operate because you don't necessarily need capital

If you want to do dropship, you can start with zero capital. You need a website though. Unlike dropshipping, where you don't have to acquire products to sell, if you are selling from local ecommerce platforms you need products in your warehouse. When you are selling your own products, you need money to manufacture your products or procure products.

The biggest difference between drop-shipping and fulfillment is an eCommerce business doesn't purchase or handle inventory before the sale. ... Since you purchase a bulk amount of inventory up front, the initial cost is higher but your margins are better and you have more control over how much you have in stock

The biggest difference between drop-shipping and eCommerce business doesn't purchase or handle inventory before the sale. but since you purchase a bulk amount of inventory up front, the initial cost is higher but your margins are better and you have more control on how much you have in stock.
Seriously both of them are not really my kind of thing because they are too stressful for me when it comes to ways I can make money online which is why I prefer leveraging some of my skills online to make money.

Running an e-commerce business is much easier when you don’t have to deal with physical products. With dropshipping, you don’t have to worry about Managing or paying for a warehouse or Packing and shipping your orders
This is actually why a lot of people are very comfortable doing drop shipping because they have less expenses to worry about when they are into that kind of business.

e-commerce is commonly a situation when a company has an ‘on-line’ site to visit , make choices of products to purchase, pays and has them delivered.

Drop shipping is often done by getting (one way or another) something they try to peddle, through ‘underhanded services, without a basis of having an actual business.

If we look at the amount to make from the both business, I would choose e commerce. You will make more from e-commerce than what you would make from dropshipping.
If we look at the amount to make from the both business, I would choose e commerce. You will make more from e-commerce than what you would make from dropshipping.

Drop shipping is vey good especially fr those who have no capital or those who strictly take it as a little part time business, i would prefer having my own ecommerce no matter how small i have to start, the capital would definitely depend on the kind of products you wish to offer, logistics should not be a problem, there are lots of available merchants who can handle all. I call them ecommerce solutions!
I think it all depends on the capacity of the individual running the business,the issue of capital and finance play a major role here when setting up an e-commerce outfit,reason most persons would just have to start from dropshoping and grow up from there.

E commerce is very good and I prefer it more than the dropshiping even though it profit is less compared to that of the dropshiping but I believe with your willingness to improve it standard, it can he more better.

The two aforementioned mentioned forms of marketing have their individual advantages and disadvantages as you rightly mentioned, it is the choice of the business owners to know which would be more convenient for them to operate and still make good profit doing so.

E-commerce will always be better because with advertisement and proper management it can really be a profitable business you can make money from. For me I will prefer e-commerce over dropshipping for now.

Though the two have their own pros and cons,i personally would go for dropshopping in the sense that,you are not having the produtcs in the store but in the manufacturese warehouse,and when you get order you get them for your clients.

I feel it depends on the individual and location. Both local E-commerce and drop shipping are profitable. In some areas, local e-commerce is more profitable because it is well known by people. In other areas, dropshipping is more profitable because of the advancement of technology in the area.

In drop shipping you don't necessarily need a lot of money provided you have a website. That will serve as a traffic source for you to get your traffic and make sales. In local e-commerce you also have to invest money but not so much.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds