Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Learning from past mistakes

Credits
Please forgive me if this topic has already been created. Many of us here probably has owned more unsuccessful sites than successful ones, did this give you an opportunity to learn what works and doesn't work? It definitely has helped me a bit, one thing most of my old forums were missing were professional looking themes, and TLD. Back when I first became a webmaster I didn't have any money and had to resort to free hosting and using a free domain name. I also didn't exactly know how to promote and what works.

Advertisement Placeholder
For me one of my biggest mistakes is always lack of advertising. It's a mistakes that I make over and over again, however, as it is something that I find far too tedious to do a lot of. Hopefully, when I decide to make my next site, I will promote it more than I usually do to give it a little bit more exposure.

One of my big mistakes was when I was trying to tutor someone how to build their own web site manually. What I really should have done was clean up everything they currently had, and built the site off of some core template files. Because that's what I ended up doing months later, and it became a huge project since they were knocking out pages left and right with no cohesiveness.

My biggest mistake was simply expecting too much. I thought my content was better than my rival sites, as such I expected to pwn them and take all their visitors within like a month, haha.

Biggest mistake for me was not working hard enough, not having any tld and not knowing how to advertise.
I read a lot of things and I started to understand what I need to do to get better.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds