Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Latest trends and practices in Web Development

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
How do you stay up to date with the latest trends and best practices in web development?

As for mobile design: With the increasing popularity of smartphones and tablets, it is important to ensure that your website is optimized for mobile devices. This means designing and developing your website with mobile users in mind, and using responsive design techniques to ensure that your website or forum looks and functions well on a variety of devices.

What else have we got that is really important nowadays ?

I don't pay much attention to the latest trends or best practices and just code how I feel is more comfortable for me. There have been so many frameworks and libraries introduced for JavaScript and CSS over the years that it's really hard to keep up. I'd love to apply for a front-end developer job, but it seems they want you to know so much about the new trends that I don't exactly follow. It took me forever to learn what I know this very day, I can't imagine starting the learning process all over again.

I don't pay much attention to the latest trends or best practices and just code how I feel is more comfortable for me. There have been so many frameworks and libraries introduced for JavaScript and CSS over the years that it's really hard to keep up. I'd love to apply for a front-end developer job, but it seems they want you to know so much about the new trends that I don't exactly follow. It took me forever to learn what I know this very day, I can't imagine starting the learning process all over again.
Businesses need to hop on that train about trends though. No client or company wants to have an old trend as it could cost them money. So it’s kinda logic that companies seeking employees want them to be aware of trends as much as possible.

Although I can’t image if you’re not aware, that they also wouldn’t be. And thus they should be damn well be able to explain new and current trends. But I do agree with the languages and frameworks part, how can you know what kind of development is for you with all the options available?

Businesses need to hop on that train about trends though. No client or company wants to have an old trend as it could cost them money. So it’s kinda logic that companies seeking employees want them to be aware of trends as much as possible.

Although I can’t image if you’re not aware, that they also wouldn’t be. And thus they should be damn well be able to explain new and current trends. But I do agree with the languages and frameworks part, how can you know what kind of development is for you with all the options available?
Yeah, that does sound logical. People want the best of the best and often times what's newer and enhanced can offer that to them.

Based on what I've seen in applications one of the primary libraries/frameworks they want you to know are React, Angular, or Vue for JavaScript and SASS for CSS. React seems the most popular out of those, which I've tried working with, but I just don't have the motivation and the brain to intake all the new information.

It really, *really* depends on what you're doing.

Designers specifically probably should be aware of the latest design trends and what is 'in' right now. This moves over time so keeping current is kinda useful, though not every client wants 'current'. And *good* design never goes out of fashion.

Development trends on the other hand... most of the time the client doesn't care. That's part of the deal, they're paying for expertise, and that includes knowledge of correct tool for the job. Very *very* rarely the client can insist on a given tool, but inevitably this is because it's one they already use, not because they have a preference otherwise.

Libraries and frameworks... that's an even more complicated question. Truth be told, if you're generally able to work with one tool, you can work with others like it - get your head around Vue, and you can likely follow React (though I personally dislike React, I find Vue much tidier to work with), but for a lot of things these are just overkill.

If you're building a full on 'experience' or an 'app' where it's not just a couple of pages' worth strung together, by all means use these things to construct an app that manages things in a meaningful way but too many people want to smash these things into things where it doesn't make sense. I remember having a somewhat futile discussion with someone about gluing Vue into Jcink for example.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor