Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Knowing what you're getting for Christmas

Sam1

Mythical member
Website
holderhost.com
Credits
How often do you know what you are getting for Christmas? Do you prefer surprises?

Since I was very young I have always known what my parents were going to give me for Christmas and I have had my Grandma and Aunt's ask me what I want on occasion. I don't mind surprises, they can be quite fun. Presents can grow on you too if you're willing to give things a go. The headphones I got last year weren't what I would have wanted or picked but I use them almost every day now. It's the thought that counts and presents tend to be hit-and miss anyway.

Advertisement Placeholder
In my family we don't celebrate Christmas, but we celebrate New year's eve in a similar manner. Anyway our tradition is that if you're planning on purchasing something for another member of the family, you simply ask them what they'd like to get or what they need. Personally I don't care what people get me (if they get me anything) so I don't mind surprises.

Every year there is at least one thing I know I am getting. Not that it is meant to be that way, but it just happens xD It's not like people will specifically tell me "I got you this" if that was the case, what would be the point of waiting until Christmas to even give me it xD

I still get several things that I am unaware though.

I don't know but I have a pretty good feeling I'm getting a Dell Venue 8 Pro. I know, Windows 8 tablet, but it'll be better than lugging around my laptop, plus I honestly don't mind some Win8 stuff. :p

I actually love windows 8 :wink: Already upgraded 2/3 of my computers to it. Let us know how that tablet works out for ya :wink:

Sure thing! I chose that one cause it's Intel Atom-based so I'm not stuck with Windows RT (Windows 8 but on ARM processors). :D

I am not a Christian, so I do not celebrate Christmas.

But if I were a Christian, I would have wanted the gift to be a surprise.

Generally, my Christmas gifts are surprises. :p Why does everyone ruin the Christmas tradition these days? :(

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds