Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Christmas Traditions

Shortie

Freelance Writer and Video Game Content Creator!
Retired Staff
Website
www.revillution.net
I am not sure about everyone, but I know me and my family, we have some Christmas traditions that we always stick to each Christmas. These have been something I have always done even after having my own children that we used to do when I was a kid and it's just stuck ever since. Things such as having a Christmas treat table with things like a bowl of non alcoholic punch, chocolates, nuts and party snacks is one tradition we have always done since I was a kid and I still keep that going now. Also waiting until everyone was up and awake before anyone opened any presents is another tradition we have always stuck by every year.

Do you have any Christmas traditions that you stick to every year? What are they?

Some few years ago we started a tradition to play a game that determines who gets to open their present so they're not all opened at once.

The last few years the tradition is 'cook tasty food and sit on the couch and play Guild Wars 2 for Christmas Day'. Everything else is optional.

As a kid, we always had a big dinner with the whole family after opening presents in the morning.

To be frank, I don't like turkey that much, can't stand ham, and don't like most of the fixings.

As I got older, I'd have to visit other family and significant other family throughout the day and eat more.

End of the day I felt like crap with all the food.

Now that I've met my fiancé and we live together, we started doing Christmas breakfast. I love breakfast more than any other eating period of the day.

I'm a full-on American hillbilly when it comes to breakfast! Sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravy, crapes, waffles, chicken, hot cakes... breakfast is soooooo good. So we have a family Christmas breakfast. We open gifts (me, finance, daughter, son and his girlfriend). Then later in the day we have Christmas dinner at my moms. We go to her moms (right next door) Christmas eve.

It's perfect - no need to stuff yourself stupid in one day LOL

As a kid, we always had a big dinner with the whole family after opening presents in the morning.

To be frank, I don't like turkey that much, can't stand ham, and don't like most of the fixings.

As I got older, I'd have to visit other family and significant other family throughout the day and eat more.

End of the day I felt like crap with all the food.

Now that I've met my fiancé and we live together, we started doing Christmas breakfast. I love breakfast more than any other eating period of the day.

I'm a full-on American hillbilly when it comes to breakfast! Sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravy, crapes, waffles, chicken, hot cakes... breakfast is soooooo good. So we have a family Christmas breakfast. We open gifts (me, finance, daughter, son and his girlfriend). Then later in the day we have Christmas dinner at my moms. We go to her moms (right next door) Christmas eve.

It's perfect - no need to stuff yourself stupid in one day LOL
Sounds amazing Shawn, do share some pictures of your breakfast in a couple of days. :D

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 20 80.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds