Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Job Search Rant

Ronan

Credits
I recently got laid off, I've been out of the job market for a while, but when I was interviewing 10 or so years ago, it was a pretty simple process. Phone screen, if you passed, in person, if you passed, you got an offer. That was it

I just did the math and so far on this new job search adventure of mine, the average number of interviews per job is 8.2

I mean, I get they want to effectively screen candidates, but average over EIGHT interviews? Honestly, after 3-4 conversations I'm just repeating myself and saying the same stuff over and over again. What more are the possibly expecting to find out?

Advertisement Placeholder
Recruiters always try to understand who you are. Do you fit in the company? Would you be a good employee? Can you deal with difficult situations under great pressure? Are you able to easily communicate with others and cooperate with them? Can you achieve your goals?
Talk about yourself and your professional experience and always give specific examples. Do not speak in general. :)

This can be a pain these days because people don't want to waist their money. Specially now that minimum wage may go up to $15 an hour.

Just keep pushing you will find someone eventually. Don't waste time with people making you jump through hoops either!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds