Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is psychology important to a salesperson?

Imran_Noori

Mythical member
Credits
Salesperson should have different skills in order to convince the customer to buy during the purchase stage and come back during the post-purchase stage.

Psychology is very important for every salesperson because they will be able to encourage the customer to buy a product with their psychological skills.

Is psychology important to a salesperson?

Advertisement Placeholder
It's not essential for selling but if you have those skills and you know how to convince buyers and make them believe they really need the product then you can make more sales and profits.

A lot of people tell you that you need to understand the psychology of buyers to be able to sell. However, I believe instead of reading psychology, you need the ability to reach the people who actually might be interested in the products you are selling.

It might be an added advantage but is not an absolute necessity. Different salesperson would use different strategies to pitch the sale. Some might be good with playing with the psychology of buyers. But others might have a better smarter strategy based on market research

Well I think this helps, I think a good seller needs good communication skills, have good charisma, and know how to praise but without going over to their customers, should also psychoanalyze to some extent the potential buyer to try to sell the product more easily, I do think that psychology in a seller is important

A salesperson needs to directly sell products or services to the ultimate consumer/ customer so if they have some psychological skills then they can sure fetch more sales and profits

A lot of people tell you that you need to understand the psychology of buyers to be able to sell. However, I believe instead of reading psychology, you need the ability to reach the people who actually might be interested in the products you are selling.
You need to understand the behaviour of your customers and also the things that they need so that you are going to be able to provide it for them

These things are not must but if you have skills and knowledge and the required eduction then it will only gonna help you

These things are not must but if you have skills and knowledge and the required eduction then it will only gonna help you
You even need to understand each customers aside from understanding them collectively
It will help you to handle cases

I don't believe it is proper to be manipulative in trying to get sales. When you try to use psychology in a customer, you might end up manipulating the customer into buying and it is against the ethics of sales.

I don't believe it is proper to be manipulative in trying to get sales. When you try to use psychology in a customer, you might end up manipulating the customer into buying and it is against the ethics of sales.
No
You can make use of psychology without manipulating people
You just have to be wise.

You even need to understand each customers aside from understanding them collectively
It will help you to handle cases
That's what I said above, if you don't have the skills then there is no problem but if you have then it will only gonna help and you can achieve more sales

That's what I said above, if you don't have the skills then there is no problem but if you have then it will only gonna help and you can achieve more sales
But I think it is necessary to have the skill because it will be used for the growth of your business

I don't think anyone going to learn this skill and could be they learn from experience and its a good thing to gain

It is not a skill you go to learn. You adapt it from experience. I am not in support of using it in business.

I see some of the sellers/sales persons are so good that they have different tactics to sell things to different persons

One need not have a professional degree in Psychology to excel with customers.. I have seen that good marketing and salesperson have a natural instinct there. They are street smart and very good with reading their consumers and developing a connect with them. Some get it with experience.

I think that psychology could play a huge role for sure. Psychology leads a person to buy or reject a product.

We can learn these tips related to psychology with experience too and those that have years of experience are really good with their sales

A sales person can use psychology to great effects. With psychology, he or she understands when to move in and close the deal.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds