Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it possible for a startup to be successful without the use of technology?

Over 90% of most startups are extremely reliant on their IT infrastructures.

No business can survive without the use of IT. When used optimally, it has the power to drive businesses to success. Also, it can lead to the downfall of a business or brand.

What are the challenges facing your company in maximizing the power of IT?
In as much as technology presently play important role in the country , it doesn't in any way make it impossible for business to survive without it. The only challenge is that it may not be as successful as with technology.

Advertisement Placeholder
Depending who is running, it is most possible to run a business without the use of technology. Before the advent of technology, business's were run through productive means like word of mouth, radio giggles, televisions advert and more, and they derives their money back from profit.
it is quite possible to run a business without the use of technology,some busineses have been known to operate in a location where they are known to be a hub.People will always locate them there irrespective of whether they advertise or not.

it is quite possible to run a business without the use of technology,some busineses have been known to operate in a location where they are known to be a hub.People will always locate them there irrespective of whether they advertise or not.
The location you are talking about does not make that business to strive to its full potential because running a business in a location that is not modernize in technology means that the business is operating locally which will make the whole organisation to appear locally.

This would have been possible before the wide spread of technology but I don't think it can be possible these days. No matter how little, there is no way you will not make use of technological devices in your business even if it's just a cell phone. Any business which fail to embrace the use of technology will suffer stunting growth.
Yes it's very possible for a startup to be successful without the use of any technology most times when one starts a particular business he or she may not have enough capital to buy big machines in his wine industry but what he or she needs to do is to start up manually.

The location you are talking about does not make that business to strive to its full potential because running a business in a location that is not modernize in technology means that the business is operating locally which will make the whole organisation to appear locally.
It is true that technology has taken up the space in terms of business promotion,but some business cannot be done online because they are location base,like when you want to check on some materials that are very sensitive like electrical materials,you need to go to the location to check on the quality.

It is true that technology has taken up the space in terms of business promotion,but some business cannot be done online because they are location base,like when you want to check on some materials that are very sensitive like electrical materials,you need to go to the location to check on the quality.
But we were already buying electrical products from online. If you know the correct brand you want to buy you can very well buy from online. only thing that is not good to buy online is the clothes as size does not matches every time.

Yes it is very possible for a start up to be successful in a business without the use of technology in it. But is not going to be very easy as such. You will have to be struggling to get a lot of things done the hard way instead of the easy way

Most businesses who do not use the modern technology are experiencing slow growth in the business,because it is the modern technology you will use for advertisement that could have boost your business organisation.marketing is another thing that could help but you won't use it because it is modern technology.

Of course, start-ups can be successful without the use of technology but I think it may be difficult now because there are competitors using technology.

Although there is nothing impossible if only we put our minds to it but I think that it would be really difficult to start a business and not involving some sort of technology in this technology world now.

Yes it is very possible for a start up to be successful in a business without the use of technology in it. But is not going to be very easy as such. You will have to be struggling to get a lot of things done the hard way instead of the easy way
If your business is farming I don't see any direct relation with technology especially if you have the skills and experience in the farming business. You just have to be in contact with good traders who would buy your farm products. All you do is planting, caring and harvesting. Those are works that do not need technology.

If your business is farming I don't see any direct relation with technology especially if you have the skills and experience in the farming business. You just have to be in contact with good traders who would buy your farm products. All you do is planting, caring and harvesting. Those are works that do not need technology.
That's not true. You cannot produce without using technology. You need internet to connect with buyers of your produce and sellers who sell seeds and agriculture tools. THis is just one example.

It's possible but it would be difficult because technology makes things it easier in a big way, the audience to be reached would be easier too compared to reaching out with technology
I totally agree with you that technology makes all work to be easier but there are some instances where by some businesses do not even need the input of technology so in such an instance that business can survive without the use of any technology.

It's very hard nowadays to succeed without the use of technology in a business.
You have to use technology in your advertising and marketing
Without proper marketing and advertising you can't succeed as a starter in a business
Very true, a business that is being run manually (without the use of modern technology) will not be able to make as much as those who use. Modern technology. Production would be very slow and this would cause many customers to get tired and decide to go for a more faster means

I totally agree with you that technology makes all work to be easier but there are some instances where by some businesses do not even need the input of technology so in such an instance that business can survive without the use of any technology.
I'm sure there could be businesses like that too before technology became so important now there have been some business and they have had their fair share of success too

Over 90% of most startups are extremely reliant on their IT infrastructures.

No business can survive without the use of IT. When used optimally, it has the power to drive businesses to success. Also, it can lead to the downfall of a business or brand.

What are the challenges facing your company in maximizing the power of IT?
It is very possible for a start up to become successful without the use of technology in as much as the world is becoming a global village and technology is taking over, there are some businesses you can start without needing an IT company and it will still be successful.

It is very possible for a start up to become successful without the use of technology in as much as the world is becoming a global village and technology is taking over, there are some businesses you can start without needing an IT company and it will still be successful.
This is the position that I have always been a great rating as it's not all business that requires the use of technology to become successful especially when it comes to small-scale business that can be manually be done without the use of any technology.

This is the position that I have always been a great rating as it's not all business that requires the use of technology to become successful especially when it comes to small-scale business that can be manually be done without the use of any technology.
You're right I feel like it's not even only small scale business that can operate manually, those distributors who have store / warehouse in the market they don't have technology I mean they do not make use of technology and they are making it big.

Yes its very possible for a start up business to be succesful without the use of technology, there are some business that doesn't need technology to survive in this world. That's my beleive

Yes, it's highly possible to start up a business without the need of technology and it depends on the type of the business. Most small scale business or business in the rural areas, they don't need any help from technology.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds