Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it better to build properties or just acquire already built ones?

I think if you have enough capital, then you may buy an old property and then build a new property after demolishing the old one. This way you will be able to make better profits on your investments.

Advertisement Placeholder
In my own opinion , i prefer building my own properties rather than acquiring already built one's because already built property might not suit my standard or taste.

It's all dependent on your budget and preference. Someone like me would buy a building and then go ahead to renovate it rather than building from ground floor up because of the increasing costs of building materials nowadays though.

I have always wondered why people go through the stress of building houses when they can simply acquire the already built ones. Then I said to myself, maybe it's cheaper and also heartfelt to build yours.
I believe that everything depends on the amount of capital that you have which is what is going to decide whether it is going to be more profitable for you to buy an already existing property or start building your own from the scratch.

I believe that everything depends on the amount of capital that you have which is what is going to decide whether it is going to be more profitable for you to buy an already existing property or start building your own from the scratch.
Everything depends on the availability of the fund at the present time you needed the property and also the choice of the owner of the fund , he might need the property immediately, so he need to buy.

Both options are OK. However while acquiring rather than building from scratch, ensure prices are not overly more than having to build yourselve.
Personally, I believe that the options are good especially when you know how to make use of the options that are available for you which I believe that starting the house from the scratch gives you an opportunity to build house to your standards.

It is better to build properties than to acquire already existing one by my own opinion. It will give you quality experience as a real estate developer and make you more knowledgeable.
I will always be more comfortable with building my own house the way I want it because most of these already built houses who will never meet the level of what my interest is all about when it comes to my house.

If you want to flip the property for cash, why waste your time building a property and then selling it, why not buy the property, add some value and sell it. However if I am going to use the property myself, I will prefer to build myself

If you want to flip the property for cash, why waste your time building a property and then selling it, why not buy the property, add some value and sell it. However if I am going to use the property myself, I will prefer to build myself
Seriously I believe that building your own property is something that is always more balanced because everything about the new building is going to represent exactly what you want.

Is it better to build properties or acquire the already built ones? Well all depend on your choice. Nevertheless if you build properties on your own is good and also if you buy already built property is also good.
As far as I'm concerned the reason why I'm not going to build my property starting from the scratch is if I don't have the financial capacity to start building the house from the foundation.

This will depend on your reason and also the main purpose for which the building is being needed for. If it is for urgent establishment of business you can acquire an already built properly.

Building a property from my scratch or just acquiring it by buying the properties depend solely by what the owner wanted at that particular time , he or she might be rushing and needed the property , then he has to buy
It depends in your choice on what you need at that particular moment, you might be in need of the property urgently , then you have to buy and when you just needed it but not fast , then you can build

Last edited:
You have made a good point to be sincere I beleive that when you build a property from its foundation I think its the best but when you get to buy it from others do you know how the foundation was laid?so I will chose to equally build my own property rather than buying it.

Actually buying either an already built property or building a new property is very good but sometimes it depends on the location. thete are some of the location where it will be very difficult to raise a new structure because almost all the lands are occupied with structures.

It can be different but new build can increase your selling price but buying already built gives you better return on money as you just need to buy it and make some decent change before your sales it.

It is going to be easier for you to just acquire already existing properties but then they are going to come at a much more expensive rate and the design might not be something that you personally fancy.

In terms of urgency , it is always better for you to get an already made property. But on a normal circumstances I wouldn't like to get an already made , but I will prefer to build up my desire property. I think certainly factors will determine the best decision here.

Taste is always a thing in choosing what we feel is the best for us. If the already built property suits your taste and it is quite affordable, you can go ahead to get it. Although you can buy even if it isn't your taste but the location it is seems perfect. Building yourself might be cheaper and integrity of materials used can be ascertained too.
That is one of the reason most persons would want to build their house from the scratch,because they can vouch for the intergrity of the materials used,,and also the structure might not be what a buyer would generally like.
Taste is always a thing in choosing what we feel is the best for us. If the already built property suits your taste and it is quite affordable, you can go ahead to get it. Although you can buy even if it isn't your taste but the location it is seems perfect. Building yourself might be cheaper and integrity of materials used can be ascertained too.
That is one of the reason most persons would want to build their house from the scratch,because they can vouch for the intergrity of the materials used,,and also the structure might not be what a buyer would generally like.

Last edited:
In terms of urgency , it is always better for you to get an already made property. But on a normal circumstances I wouldn't like to get an already made , but I will prefer to build up my desire property. I think certainly factors will determine the best decision here.
I agree with you. Most people who are in urgent need of a home or apartment will obviously choose to purchase a finished property as compared to those who already have where they are staying.

It depends on the urgency of the hours in which you need , if you are needing the house and its urgent , then i will advise you to buy already built house but If you don't need it urgently , then I will advise you Build from scratch .

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds