Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it advisable to run a business and have a full time job?

No, it is not advisable to run a business and have a full time job. Most business are already too much to handle and i can't imagine the disaster adding a full time job to it will cause.

Advertisement Placeholder
The most important thing is if you personally can handle it. Most times the work load form your full time job might be too much that you may not have much attention for yourself. But if you can handle both then there is no problem in running your business besides having a full time job.

It is something that will always be very difficult for you to manage and run a business successfully when you have a full-time job that is taking most of your time but I believe that it is something that some people do but it takes a very big toll on them.

There are businesses that might not require much of your attention to run. If you have a full time job, and you want to run a business, go for such businesses.

There are businesses that might not require much of your attention to run. If you have a full time job, and you want to run a business, go for such businesses.

This is very correct because everything is all about the money you are going to be making from both ventures. If your full-time job is not going to pay you more than what you are going to make from running your business, then it is best for you to switch over to business completely.

Yes I believe you can have a full time job and still be running a successful business beside depending on your time schedule or sometimes you can employed someone to look after your business when you are not around.

It is really really advisable to be running a business and also have a full time job, just that you need to have a very great time schedule in such a way that it will not affect your job or business.

Running a business while also having a full time job can be challenging, but it is possible for some people. There are some pros and cons to consider
Dual income streams provide more financial stability and security. Having a steady paycheck from a job can help support you as you get a business off the ground.

This is very correct because everything is all about the money you are going to be making from both ventures. If your full-time job is not going to pay you more than what you are going to make from running your business, then it is best for you to switch over to business completely.
You have to be strategic when switching to business entirely. Be sure the business is established firmly before leaving your Job. If not, stay on the job and build your business. There is no need to rush.

It is really really advisable to be running a business and also have a full time job, just that you need to have a very great time schedule in such a way that it will not affect your job or business.

Well, I believe that everything is dependent on how good you are with time management and resource management. If you're very good in both of them, it's definitely going to very easy for you to do the same thing at the same time.

It really depends on what you're able to do. How much you're able to work, how much time you want to devote to it, also comes into play. You can run a business on the side of a full time job, but it depends on the work really. If you can deal with that added time, of work on top of working on a new project, than I say go for it.

But, if you had the money, I'd focus on making the business. Or, do small work on the side while working your main full time job.

After spending years trying to make money with a business, and then doing it side by side with a job, I understand why people don't quit their jobs. You need another source of income to pay your bills while the business grows.
I get your point but it is borne out of fear and that fear would keep you on that job for a very long time. The other thing is that your business won't grow at the pace it is supposed to grow because your attention is divided.

I have tried with two jobs to balance them with a business. For the two jobs, my bosses complained that I was always coming to work too late everyday. I had to leave and focus on the business.

Yes, it is possible to have a 9 to 5 job and at the same time have a business also. I have seen someone who owns a shop that she sells fruits and she's a full-time teacher.

There are many people who conduct business and also have a job at the same time. However, it could be really hard to manage both the things at the same time.

There are many people who conduct business and also have a job at the same time. However, it could be really hard to manage both the things at the same time.

It is actually why a lot of people prefer to work in companies where they are being paid by the hour which makes it possible for them to decide to work a specific number of hours everyday and clock out to go and face their business for the day.

of course that is actually a very daunting task. You really need to bring out a lot of time and be someone who is very hard-working in order for you to conduct a business and also have a job.

Well running a business and then having your job well done, is an additional advantage to the ways of income generation simply because the income you earned, will support you on the othet hand depending on how you utilize your resources.

Its very possible to be running a side business and still have a full time job , for example, I know some teachers that also have a side business that they return to after their working hours .

Actually it's possible to start a business and still have a job to do.

The purpose of going into business by so.e individuals, is to have another different ways to which income can be generated so that they won't faced challenges when their job is faulty.

It is highly advisable to have a business despite having another job on your own because a lot of uncertainties can come up which will make you to lose your job in the future while your business will continue to survive as long as possible.

of course that is actually a very daunting task. You really need to bring out a lot of time and be someone who is very hard-working in order for you to conduct a business and also have a job.

I will always tell people to try as much as possible to be invested in something that makes money from them on a long run which is why I believe that running a business first will always be better than being involved in education even though I know that education is necessary for everybody.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds