Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is advertising a component of marketing?

Shigobad20201

Captain Junkie
Credits
During my University days , I learnt that marketing is an activities that a company undertakes in order to promote the selling and buying of their product, while Advertising is the act of promoting a company and its products through paid channels like advertising your product or company on T.v , Radio, Facebook ad, and YouTube channels.

So the question now is that " is advertising a component of marketing"?

Advertisement Placeholder
To many people advertising and marketing are synonyms and maybe I can agree although advertising is just a part of marketing. But come to think of of it, how can you do your marketing job if you have no means of advertising? When you do email marketing that is also advertising, right?

From what little I have learned between forums and web pages, marketing relies on advertising to attract potential customers to your business. These advertisements are in tune with the brands, products and services that a certain company wants to negotiate and obtain economic benefits.

Yeah there are some similarities between the two but the only difference i know is that advertising is more of marketing ,since visual and non visual are used to market a product

Marketing and advertising are entirely two different things; however, end result for both is same, generating sales, building brand, raising awareness. The difference between advertising and marketing is basically the techniques used to generate sales, build brands and raise awareness. Marketing is broader term.

Your answer catches my attention and I would like your guidance. You explain that the difference between marketing and advertising is based on the techniques used to generate sales? Can you give an example of this?

You have a facebook page, you post your product on the facebook page. This is marketing. You boost your product through your facebook page, this is advertising. You can do free marketing on facebook, but advertising cost money.

You have a facebook page, you post your product on the facebook page. This is marketing. You boost your product through your facebook page, this is advertising. You can do free marketing on facebook, but advertising cost money.
Very explicit explanation. I was able to fully understand the difference between the two.

This is really valuable information on the difference between advertising and marketing, could you a explain a simple and cost effective model one can use on advertising and marketing. I really want to scale up on this subject asits one of te areas that is making alot of people not get results in short period of time in most things we attempt to embark on.

Marketing is a boarder term used for promotion of business, products, and services, etc. Marketing involves a lot of components and advertising is one of them.

Advertising is component of marketing only if you bring organic traffic means visitors that are really interested to your website or product not generic traffic means visitor is visiting your website for a reward.

You are talking about advertising as done on the internet. Traditional marketing and advertising market is bigger than online advertising and marketing. BY traditional marketing and advertising, I mean marketing through radio, tv, newspapers etc.

You are talking about advertising as done on the internet. Traditional marketing and advertising market is bigger than online advertising and marketing. BY traditional marketing and advertising, I mean marketing through radio, tv, newspapers etc.
You cannot advertise referral link throught radio, tv, newspapper except if you place an ad on radio website or tv website or newspapper website as some are doing as any radio or tv or newspapper have a website so internet and traditionnal marketing are complementary. You may advertise your own website or own blog on radio or tv or newspapper this can be possible.

Some advertising platforms are exclusively reserved for some kind of advertising platform. However, some ads can be run on various platforms at the same time

Some advertising platforms are exclusively reserved for some kind of advertising platform. However, some ads can be run on various platforms at the same time
If site theme is football you will find advertising of football websites and if site theme is cooking you will find advertising of cooking website at most because advertiser target site with same theme.

In order to benefit from advertising, you need to target your ads for a proper platform. If you are running ads on the site that are not related to your niche, there will not be any Return On Investment.

Well, I think there is a slight difference between marketing and advertising. Advertising is a display of your products and it does not really involve a salesman or a marketer physically trying to market your product. On the other hand, marketing involves physically promoting the products in order to raise awareness in the general public about your product.

During my University days , I learnt that marketing is an activities that a company undertakes in order to promote the selling and buying of their product, while Advertising is the act of promoting a company and its products through paid channels like advertising your product or company on T.v , Radio, Facebook ad, and YouTube channels.

So the question now is that " is advertising a component of marketing"?
If marketing is the activities taken to promote the selling and buying of a product and advertisement also involves promotion one way or the other then, advertisement is component of marketing...

Advertising and marketing are both closely linked together that you can't strictly define one without having the other playing a role in it. So, most people often use the both terms interchangeably.

It's a part of it, but marketing involves more skills such as being able to be convincing enough and prove that your product is worth buying even if it's sometimes not

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds