Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

ios or android?

ios or android?

• ios

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • android

Votes: 16 84.2%

• Total voters
Advertisement Placeholder
Android for me. It's just a lot more open and customisable than iOS. Not to mention Angry Birds is free. :p

I prefer Android more because Android has millions of useful applications while iOS has limited and Android has large support.

I still like to have iOs though but right now I have android in my coby kyrus tablet which is much cheaper than iPad. I guess its just a matter of getting use to it. I've been using my tablet for more than a year and whats great at it is taht I can mount hard drives and usb flash unlike iPad

I wouldn't say that I am 100% pleased with Android in general, but I cannot stand Apply products or their marketing. There are entire web sites devoted to showing all the bugs and glitches in the new iOS7, not to mention the debacle with their maps app last year that only proves how unpolished the OS really is.

My big gripes with Android though are how fast devices become obsolete with the break neck development of it. Within a year, your phone is pretty much slow and useless. Also, they are not doing a good enough job of working out bugs with phone manufacturers. I had an issue with my current Motorola Droid Bionic that was causing me to constantly lose my data connection and it took them over a year to fix it.

The other issue I am having is Android has a tendency to clam up and crash right when I need to use it the most. If I am lost and trying to navigate, that's when it conveniently loses it's GPS connection. If I need to look something up in the browser, that's when it suddenly becomes unresponsive for several minutes then crashes. However it never seems to have any problem updating apps constantly. Every time I open the phone, there are a ton of update notices. It's constantly updating all day long, which is a waste of battery power and bandwith.

I have a android, and I think its cool, and I heard that its a lot better than ios but well I cant tell until I own ios on my own :D

I have iOS and I feel that it's far more intuitive and fast as compared to an Android. Well the number of android devices is damn too high and the apps running aren't optimized for the screen.

An app running on like 60 FPS runs on android with 28-30 FPS. Despite android phone having 4 times the CPU clock and 4 times the RAM.

For me android is : http://iamprogrammer.net/gag/307

I have only tried out iOS on a friend's phone so I can't really make a definite statement, but from what I've experienced in the few hours that I've played with my friend's phone, Android seems more user-friendly to me.

From someone who has owned macbooks and ios devices, I prefer windows and Android.
I have only tried out iOS on a friend's phone so I can't really make a definite statement, but from what I've experienced in the few hours that I've played with my friend's phone, Android seems more user-friendly to me.
That is actually weird :p Most people would say iOS is more user friendly. Any old person or someone who is complete literate in these type of things I would recommend them an iPhone. Even though I hate apple, I know they will get use to it quicker than an android who I think is more developer friendly.

Its android for me. To be frank I like Android because the way we can use the device. For one it's totally independent. iPhone need iTunes for most of the stuffs, whereas we just need a usb adapter for copying filers and stuffs to many android devices.

You can copy or paste anything to and from an Android device pretty easily, you don't need any software for that. Installing application is also pretty easy. Download the apk file if its available and put it in the phone's memory to install it or install it directly from playstore. In iPhone we need to have iTunes to install an application in case we have the ipa file.

Then there is the different roms/overclocking(which we don't need anymore because of the powerful devices)/mods/open source part etc.. Then there is Google Now which pretty awesome, better than Siri if you ask me. but then again I haven't used Siri for a quite long so my knowledge is pretty limited. Also it doesn't understand Indian accent, which in my case atleast Google now didn't have any problem with.

Android. Honestly though, if there was a way I could test out ios on a common Android phone ... I'd probably do it. I just don't want to cough up the money for a legit overpriced iPhone.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds