Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Info Invision Community Thread

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
INVISION COMMUNITY

Successful communities start here​

We help brands of all sizes increase customer loyalty, reduce support costs and drive sales.

IPS or formely known as InvisionPowerBoard is one of the most used software solutions on the internet for boards, content managing, etc. They offer a stand alone licensed software solution or a cloud hosted by IPS solution, they seem to be changing more to cloud rather than self hosted forums. What is your experience with the software? Likes and dislikes ? Discuss the IPS software in this thread.

While IPS is not as popular as XenForo, I believe this is the best forum software if you are just starting out and do not have a lot of money to spend on the forum software. Xenforo is $160, vBulliten is $249 but IPS is $150, and renewal is just $40.

While IPS is not as popular as XenForo, I believe this is the best forum software if you are just starting out and do not have a lot of money to spend on the forum software. Xenforo is $160, vBulliten is $249 but IPS is $150, and renewal is just $40.
Forums are $150 indeed, but you need the core module which adds another $100 to the price if I'm not mistaking. Making XenForo cheaper. ;)
I still have a license, although due to renewal, however you're not able to sell licenses anymore on IPS, which is kind of sad.

When I was trying to launch my frum about two years ago, I checked the price of various forum software and came to a conclusion that earning revenue on forums is really hard, and if you use premium software your start-up cost will be high and in the second year you will end up spending additional money from your pockets.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor