Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

"Interns"

Credits
A long time ago I remember there was a short term era of a usergroup "Interns" these were people who were perspective staff members, and they were showing their work ethic. Typically it was they could step in to assist with service requests, help moderate and tag someone to help assist in a situation occurring. What are your thoughts of this?

I think now a days there isn't enough activity on many forums to have the need for this, but I could definitely see this being helpful on a large community with over 400 members online in a day.

Advertisement Placeholder
It sounds like a trial but with less permissions. It would work well for big forums, it shows who is serious and who just wants the rank which will help make better staffing decisions. It won’t be much use for small communities though.

I can see this being helpful on a very large and active forum, but as for smaller communities I don't think it's really needed. This also reminds me somewhat of having sectional moderators in a way. Sure they only moderate certain parts of the board, but if they do a good job and prove they are capable of keeping up with the rest of the forum then they could get promoted to a global moderator.

As mentioned, it works for big forums but the concept is quite good. It's like real-life internships. You become an intern at a company, work with them daily for 6 months, if you are good enough, you are hired. If not, you're given a certification and asked to leave. It's a good idea since we'll get to know if the person is fit for the role.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds