Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

PHP If you're learning and you are stuck, what are you stuck on?

Tyrsson

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Website
github.com
Credits
I'm sure you all know this but I figured I would post it anyway.

For those of you learning or wanting to improve your skills in the world of Php. You have a great resource here. There's some GREAT dev's here that I am sure will help you but you have to let them know what you need help with :)

I'm sure you all know this but I figured I would post it anyway.

For those of you learning or wanting to improve your skills in the world of Php. You have a great resource here. There's some GREAT dev's here that I am sure will help you but you have to let them know what you need help with :)
I think my biggest issue is putting it all together.

I have taken one or two online courses, watched a few YouTube videos, but it just doesn't click for me.

I feel like I have learned a bit more by just looking through smf mods and such, but I am still not at the point where I could create my own.

I still am a complete noob with it. I am more of a hands on type of person and everything so far has been - read, examples, maybe a test, and on to the next thing. Which just frustrates me and lose interest.. until next time lol.

Edit: I'd like to learn enough to get even more involved with SMF and even do my own projects.

Last edited:
Well, one thing I mention is that trying to get your head around Php basics and trying to get your head around Php within an existing application is drastically different things. The application many times requires certain things, and adds restrictions that otherwise you would not have. Sometimes it can make the base language harder for people to understand. Feel free to hit me on discord and we can discuss it. Then when you identity the root of the issue you can post the questions here and maybe the conversation can help others.

Edit: I'd like to learn enough to get even more involved with SMF and even do my own projects.
I can think of several people, me included, for which that had a very important role to play in shallowing our learning curves. I probably learned more from bugging the crap out of Norv than from any other source lol.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor