Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest ā€” join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

šŸ“ˆ Marketing Strategies How To Promote On Reddit With Coming Off As Spammy?

For comprehensive digital marketing tactics.

Calamity

Recognized member
Credits
So right now I have a reddit account and will post replies as a normal user. Occasionally I will mix in a link to my website if it's relevant, but I don't want to come off as too spammy. I also feel like forums are a "competitor" of reddit in a sense so I have a couple ideas to make it a little more unique. However, I have been unable to gain members. I am thinking of possibly utilizing lesser known sub-reddits somewhat related to my niche as well to try and increase traffic.

Itā€™s a difficult thing to do. Especially when peopleā€™s rules start with ā€œno self promotingā€. Youā€™re better off starting your own reddit, gaining some members and occasionally trying to direct them to your forum.

Thereā€™s place for more than one on Reddit.

Especially when peopleā€™s rules start with ā€œno self promotingā€
Even those can be "somewhat" bent. If the niche/area consists of activity like photos, you can easily link to photos on your site, or even show a low quality embed and then comment that the higher resolution is available at <insert link>. For those areas, it's no different than hosting them on imgur or such and linking to them.

There is a subreddit called r/forums, but the subreddit unfortunately is set to restricted meaning only approved members can post on the subreddit and the moderators seemed to have disappeared. It wouldn't surprise me if the subreddit gets removed due to moderator inactivity. If you're wanting to promote your Blink 182 forum on Reddit, I suggest sending a message to the moderators on r/blink182 if they would allow a link to your community. I did this for Gex Forums, and the mods were cool with it and some even joined my forum too. It wouldn't hurt to ask after all, even if they don't approve it.

So right now I have a reddit account and will post replies as a normal user. Occasionally I will mix in a link to my website if it's relevant, but I don't want to come off as too spammy. I also feel like forums are a "competitor" of reddit in a sense so I have a couple ideas to make it a little more unique. However, I have been unable to gain members. I am thinking of possibly utilizing lesser known sub-reddits somewhat related to my niche as well to try and increase traffic.
Ask yourself.

If someone searched my replies and comments and just had them in a big list one by one would they look spammy? if yes, then you need to think of a better way to do it. I guess ultimately if you are subtle nobody will notice..

For example here at AJ I am playing the long game, once I have been a member for maybe 20 years I am going to start spamming my websites here. ... long game..

Ask yourself.

If someone searched my replies and comments and just had them in a big list one by one would they look spammy? if yes, then you need to think of a better way to do it. I guess ultimately if you are subtle nobody will notice..

For example here at AJ I am playing the long game, once I have been a member for maybe 20 years I am going to start spamming my websites here. ... long game..
Yeah right now I am becoming active in the forum and will do so for awhile

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor