Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How to excel in career

Use Time Wisely, regardless of where you live, you'll typically have 8 hours a day to do your job. You can use this precious time with wisely so, and instead of spending an hour talking to your colleague on the Love Island antiquities last night, understand what you can do realistically during your working hour and what can wait until the next day.

Advertisement Placeholder
To excel in career you must not attach yourself to a person, a place, a company, an organization or a project.
Rather attach yourself to a vision, a mission, a calling, a purpose ONLY.
That is how you keep your power and your peace.
I have met colleagues who gave me the same advise: to not attach yourself to people, organization and such. I'm only a young professional who had just started to join the work force and I take these advise. I left my first job with this mantra last year, because my former place has become a toxic place where my dreams are getting broken.

To excel in career you must not attach yourself to a person, a place, a company, an organization or a project.
Rather attach yourself to a vision, a mission, a calling, a purpose ONLY.
That is how you keep your power and your peace.
Very well said. That's really how a person should feel if he wants to rise, set aside emotional feelings and just focus on work but I hope you don't get to the point where your co-workers don't think you are human anymore, still get along somehow.

Before even considering following a career route, you must get to know yourself. A big majority of people go through life by following a well-established pattern. The sad part is, they don't even like what they do or they just don't really realize how many other things they could do.

In order to avoid this awful happening, you need to identify what are your biggest rational wishes. Then, start going deeper and make an in-depth introspection in which you should think about the connection between your inner desires and your rational goals.
This is a beautiful piece of advice you got in your comment. Sincerely you are very correct with your point of view regarding people's lack of vision which make them settle for what they don't actually enjoy doing.

You can grow your career only when you have what it takes to grow. Now, you might ask what you actually need to grow your career. You need proper education and proper skills. Proper education means you need College and university degree. You also need to pass with good grades. You can acquire skills by enrolling in various training programs.

Many people are into careers that are inversely proportional to their abilities. They tow the path of a business or career that is well established not minding or ascertaining if they are good at it. In order to be successful in a chosen path, you have to be realistic with yourself and be a good judge of your abilities.
[automerge]1613236157[/automerge]
Many people are into careers that are inversely proportional to their abilities. They tow the path of a business or career that is well established not minding or ascertaining if they are good at it. In order to be successful in a chosen path, you have to be realistic with yourself and be a good judge of your abilities.

The best way to Excel in a career is for you to be dedicated and believe in yourself have this in mind that your career is what you wish and want to do in life and because you believe in it see yourself excelling in it and being in best in all that you do.

It is hard to go wrong with confidence. Confidence is one factor that is very key for one to be successful and move forward in their work. No matter the field of work, confidence is good to demonstrate that you are well conversant with what you do.

Take initiative, Today's career requirements are highly developed and require much more than someone who won't take risks. Be your own evaluator and motivator, be ready to learn, anticipate needs, communicate well and set goals to achieve them.

Succeeding in your chosen field of career, you will have to make sure that this career is the kind of career that you are so passionate about and not just because of the financial benefits attached to it. If you are in a career that you love doing, you will become successful in that career but if it in the career that you just choose to go into because of the financial reward attached to it then there will be indications that you may fail at that career.

If you want to Excel in anything you do you must first of all discover yourself. Discover your capabilities and your weaknesses, then work on your weaknesses.
Then reposition of mindset for success, your mindset must be repositioned to positivism and believe in yourself.

I bed to want to disagree with what you have said. Though the thoughts and hype of entrepreneur looks very good on paper, the truth is not everybody would be successful in person and as such it is important to do what works best for you at all times.

To my point of view is quite advisable to attach to a number of people who are more knowledgeable, intelligent and more experienced than you in the field so you can learn from them more quickly.

Succeeding in your chosen field of career, you will have to make sure that this career is the kind of career that you are so passionate about and not just because of the financial benefits attached to it. If you are in a career that you love doing, you will become successful in that career but if it in the career that you just choose to go into because of the financial reward attached to it then there will be indications that you may fail at that career.
You are absolutely right @Ralphjoe , he has to like the career, so he will do the job for pleasure and passion . Therefore he will stand out from those people who do the job out of obligation and necessity.

There is no particular formatt or manual for such other than to follow the principle that guild such career but one cannot brush aside the human traits, which are discipline, hardwork and patients that require one succeeding in such endeavor.

Though the employment space is a lot difficult right now due to many circumstances, it is very safe to know that business is also very hard and there is no guarantee of success.

We should take careers as important as we take care of our lives, for careers puts food on our table and gives us a place to grab hold of.career determines our level of success in the society as well

Well in reply to your question in the above post concerning how to excel in one's career, well I am of the opinion that to excel in your career you need first of all to be determined that you won't give up no matter the obstacles you are faced with

Thank you very much for sharing this tips on how to excellent in career. I would also live to add that you should always update your professional competence in that regard.

You should first consider building your skills, gaining knowledge. You gain skills and knowledge through education and training. Once you have high educational qualification, you need to gain experience.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds