Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How often do you change the "theme" on your forum?

JennyorAlice

Renowned member
Credits
How often do you change the "theme" on your forum? Do you think it's a good idea to change the "theme" once in a while? Or do you tend to stick with a "theme" for a while?

I have changed themes many times but the last change has to be a good two years ago and not going to change tit again, I can add more but the default will stay as that's the main theme

I have not changed my theme(s) in the 5+ years I've owned my board. Sure, a remake is not always a bad thing, but I like consistency and branding when it comes to the forum theme.

If you get a custom theme, I would keep it available forever. If you get a premade theme, I would switch that out every 3-6 months depending. I would likely change it at the 6 month time period.

People don't like changes. If a theme is well received, only minor refreshes from time to time, but no radical major changes, or even a whole new one.

I don't change my themes that often. On TheeZone, I've had the same theme since I made the switch to Woltlab. Gex Forums now has a light variant to our dark theme, but other than maybe a few changes to the themes we don't plan on changing them anytime soon.

I have not changed my theme(s) in the 5+ years I've owned my board. Sure, a remake is not always a bad thing, but I like consistency and branding when it comes to the forum theme.
Once again I agree with Cory. I think of a theme as part of the "brand". It doesn't really need to be changed if done right. Tweaks and additions can certainly be made though.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor