Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How much does it take to have ones search engineengine?

chalcedony8

Addicted member
Credits
I have always have the thought of having my own en engine, but I don't know how to get one and how unhappy I will spend to get one, so please how unhappy will I spend to have my own search engine?

Advertisement Placeholder
You are difinately the first person who wants to give google and their likes a run for their money by building your own search engine. I think you can create your own search engine. You have to plan how your algorithms are going to work, then you look for coders , in reality a lot of people who are into programming to create the software that would carve out the search results. You also have to spend quite a lot on advertisements and convincing people to use your own search engine, good luck

You are difinately the first person who wants to give google and their likes a run for their money by building your own search engine. I think you can create your own search engine. You have to plan how your algorithms are going to work, then you look for coders , in reality a lot of people who are into programming to create the software that would carve out the search results. You also have to spend quite a lot on advertisements and convincing people to use your own search engine, good luck
Sorry , not the first , many tried it , you can't create algorithms by now as Google is too deep in it , you may code a UI and and prepare a browser but by no means you'll create an algorithm equivalent to the most famous search engine that has a verb on its name.

Now we see all the other search engines such as duckduckgo and it's alternatives all claim to be anti Google and so on but deep inside they all request search results by Google when you type it , that's just how much Google has taken over , and unless the government decides to cut off some branches , it will remain the main provider , unless you want to wait 50 years for your algorithm to learn about the previous decades of information on the database and another 50 years to catch up

You want to create your own search engine? Really? I mean that's huge though. There are only a few people that will want to try it though. I hope you understand what it means before finally going into it though.

I suppose you mean obtaining a search engine optimization for your website and blog. Well, I can not tell you how much it will take for you to obtain such, all I can say is that, do not relent or stop learning how to optimize your website even if the amount is high or the process is tiring. You just keep trying and I assure you that you would smile at the end of the process. Because your website will rank high and attract traffic.

It's much. I think the bare minimum of pulling it off would be on the order of $100K, not counting the time of people involved. Examples of such efforts include Gigablast and Duckduckgo.

Greg Lindahl mentions Blekko.com and Cuil, which are (were, for Cuil) fine examples, at higher operational levels, but still costing way below the big guys. Cuil, for instance, was much more disk-based.

That's a nice idea, but will really cost you finance. Because google, bing, yahoo, etc. Didn't build search engine overnight, they planned it and come up with better ideas. So you too can consider such option and plan to launch your own search engine.

Another point I want to explain is that you do not have to pay Google to buy search engine optimisation for your website. All that is required is that you learn the skills, how to use keywords when writing, producing quality content and lots more. This will increase the search engine optimisation of your site.

I have always have the thought of having my own en engine, but I don't know how to get one and how unhappy I will spend to get one, so please how unhappy will I spend to have my own search engine?
I think that to develop your own search engine can be quite expensive. You have to remember that to develop this you need to have a good code that will be able to interact with and find these various things in the search engine and what is more than that which can be quite expensive is marketing for your new search engine as well as this can be quite expensive. You have to make sure that you get your name out there for the search engine so that people start to use it.

what's your purposes? When search engines likw bing and yahoo have been unable to spread their market share, how could you? Do you know most of the search engines use google API?

Wow! What a good idea. But let me ask you, do you mean it, what is purpose for, do you have what it will take, are you really realdy to have it, do you have a huge capital to have it?.
Because search engine is not a easy to have and maintain to keep it existing.

To create a Programmable Search Engine: Sign into Control Panel using your Google Account (get an account if you don't have one). In the Sites to search section, add the pages you want to include in your search engine. You can include any sites you want, not just the sites you own.

I don't know the exact amount it's going to cost you but valuing the big giant owner in the search engine industry, I think you going to spend over a million dollar to get that done for yourself. Search Engine has a whole lots of procedure to follow and as such you need to finance it to it's maximum capacity

In addition to what I have said earlier before now, I believe search engine optimization should not be something that should scare you off due to the amount. Remember the search engine optimization you are learning is for the benefits of your own website and would pay you more later when you start making money from your site.

You want to create your own search engine? Really? I mean that's huge though. There are only a few people that will want to try it though. I hope you understand what it means before finally going into it though.

To create a Programmable Search Engine: Sign into Control Panel using your Google Account (get an account if you don't have one). In the Sites to search section, add the pages you want to include in your search engine. You can include any sites you want, not just the sites you own.

Now we see all the other search engines such as duckduckgo and it's alternatives all claim to be anti Google and so on but deep inside they all request search results by Google when you type it , that's just how much Google has taken over , and unless the government decides to cut off some branches , it will remain the main provider , unless you want to wait 50 years for your algorithm to learn about the previous decades of information on the database and another 50 years to catch up

I don't know how much money and effort you should be putting to build your own search engines. However, I don't see any point in building another search engine. A lot existing search engines do not have many users.

I have often thought about building my own search engine. The kind of search engine I have in my mind will target local search and display the results appropriate for the locals.

Having your own personal search engine would take a lot of resources from you because it is quite expensive to build and being able to curate so many website and ranking them will take a very long time for you to build them.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds