Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How long has your forum been open?

Credits
I'm curious to know, how long has your forum been open? As a webmaster, I know firsthand that running a forum can be a challenging task. There are always new updates to install, spam to combat, and members to keep engaged.

Some of us have been running forums for years, while others may have just started. But regardless of how long we've been running our forums, I'm sure we all have some interesting stories to share.

So, let's hear it! How long has your forum been open, and what have been some of the biggest challenges you've faced along the way? Have you had to deal with any unexpected issues? And what are some of the most valuable lessons you've learned from running your forum?

I'm excited to hear your stories and insights, and I hope this discussion will be helpful for anyone who is currently running a forum or thinking of starting one. Let's get talking!

Advertisement Placeholder
My board has been open since June of 2018, so nearly 5 years. To this day it still doesn't have a lot of posting activity due to the fact that I don't post much new content to it and it's a resource board, so it's expected most people register for the resources and then likely just leave. It's a real challenge to keep new resources flowing in with a lack of ideas or being burnt out from time to time. I haven't dealt with many serious issues on my forum, it has been pretty smooth sailing. The most valuable lesson I learned is probably that it takes patience to succeed; Rome wasn't built in a day.

My current forum that I just opened, Promotion Addicts has been open since 1st March 2023, prior to that I had a forum called Chat Addicts that was open from 2009 - 2017 until I had to make the tough decision to close it. I am also a co-owner on another forum, Revillution and that site has been around since 2009 but the recent version of Revillution has been around since 2019.

VG Challenges has been open for almost a year now! I've got a few things planned for the 1 year anniversary that I need to start setting up for. The longest forum I had up and running was for about three years, this was my old Mighty No. 9 forum. It was created before the official forums were, and took off pretty well. Though the game kept getting delayed and once it did come out it was mediocre so my forum eventually shut down.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds