Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How long are breaks for your employees?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
How long would you say your employees have for their breaks? I think in the US it's a requirement that employees get at least 15 min breaks at certain intervals. At the call center I got I think two 15 min breaks, or maybe it was three, I forget. But I think most businesses should have more breaks. Also at least a half hour lunch. I had 15 min to eat lunch at the call center, was not a fan of that.

Advertisement Placeholder
I believe that everything depends on the company where someone is working and also the policies that the company have because there are some companies where their break time is 15 minutes here in my country and there are some their break time is 30 minutes, so it something that is not specific or unique.

Currently, I am working with virtual assistants, therefore, I have nothing to do with breaks. I pay based on tasks. When I was running a restaurant, my staff did not have any breaks, however, they could rest when there were no customers.

I believe that everything depends on the company where someone is working and also the policies that the company have because there are some companies where their break time is 15 minutes here in my country and there are some their break time is 30 minutes, so it something that is not specific or unique.

We used to receive a 30 minute break. I think that other companies also offered the same amount of time when it comes to breaks. They offer this time period because I think that this is considered a normal time period. However, in many companies, they may offer up to one hour time period when it comes to taking breaks.

Well, that's another thing about having on online business where you're the boss. I take breaks whenever I want without question and I return when I see fit. Sometimes I wouldn't earn online for a whole month like on a posting website and yet I won't be fired.

It depends on the kind of company setup. In some companies, their break is 1 hour while in some companies their break is in between, basically they don't have a break they just have some free time in between.

Depending on the business you are managing. But the standard in my country is that employees are given one hour break to have lunch and rest before coming back to work. ..

Well, even a 30 minute break seemed quite short at some point when I used to work. The time flies when you take break. Having said that, the time offered by a company for break depends on the working hours as well, I think. Many companies offer long break periods, depending on the nature of work.

Well, even a 30 minute break seemed quite short at some point when I used to work. The time flies when you take break. Having said that, the time offered by a company for break depends on the working hours as well, I think. Many companies offer long break periods, depending on the nature of work.

I wouldn't say that 30 minutes is a short time to take a break from working. Take a look at how many minutes footballers take as break when they have completed playing first half, it's not up to 30 minutes. So, offices giving you 30 minutes break is a very good deal.

I wouldn't say that 30 minutes is a short time to take a break from working. Take a look at how many minutes footballers take as break when they have completed playing first half, it's not up to 30 minutes. So, offices giving you 30 minutes break is a very good deal.

This all depends on how long you work. I used to work for seven hours and we used to receive a break period of 30 minutes and i think that it is fine. However, just imagine working for 10 hours a day and receiving just 30 minutes of break. I think that a period of one hour would be ideal in this case, what do you think?

This all depends on how long you work. I used to work for seven hours and we used to receive a break period of 30 minutes and i think that it is fine. However, just imagine working for 10 hours a day and receiving just 30 minutes of break. I think that a period of one hour would be ideal in this case, what do you think?
Many manufacturing and construction companies allow one hour break for it's employees to rest and come back for work. Most places I have visited I think one hour has been the norm in those places.

I have actually been in that situation you just described. There was a company where I used to work for 13 hours all through weekdays and all I get everyday as my break time was just 30 minutes. It was one of worst jobs I have worked in my life where the company doesn't care about their workers. If you break down, they will replace you the next day.

I have actually been in that situation you just described. There was a company where I used to work for 13 hours all through weekdays and all I get everyday as my break time was just 30 minutes. It was one of worst jobs I have worked in my life where the company doesn't care about their workers. If you break down, they will replace you the next day.

Working for 13 hours is an incredibly tiresome thing. However, in case if you were getting a break time of just 30 minutes, then I think that in that case, employees must need to contact the management and raise such kind of concerns about this in the best manner.

We are given a total of 30 minutes break at work which we take all the 30 minutes break once during lunch time. If can decide not to use the whole 30 minutes but you can't have more than 30 minutes break. I give the same break time of 30 minutes to my workers but they can choose how they want to use it. It may be 10 minutes in three different session.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds