Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How long a staff will be offline before firing?

Credits
Have you ever been in a situation where one of your staff went offline without any update that he or she wouldn't be online for a particular period of time? How long would you be willing to wait for the staff to come back online before taking the decision to terminate or fire the said staff from his or her position? I would give the staff member at least 2 month after trying to reach him or her through email. If I don't get any feedback after 2 months, I would be forced to let the staff off.

Advertisement Placeholder
From my own experience, I have waited 1.5 months so far.

I do not like to dismiss team members... Unless they really screwed up, which has legal consequences.

In our case, it became a requirement that each team member leave us contact information such as email and WhatsApp or other messenger.

Depends on what work they were tasked with. If it's important work that needs to be checked on often, than I think a couple weeks is all I'll give. Maybe a month tops. But if there's no contact for weeks, I just move on, usually do the work myself or hire someone else on as a temp agent. If the person comes back with a valid excuse, I'll hear it out and we'll go from there.

Depends on what work they were tasked with. If it's important work that needs to be checked on often, than I think a couple weeks is all I'll give. Maybe a month tops. But if there's no contact for weeks, I just move on, usually do the work myself or hire someone else on as a temp agent. If the person comes back with a valid excuse, I'll hear it out and we'll go from there.

I would say that this is a very good way to go about it because if the job of the particular staff is something that requires attention frequently, it is going to be inappropriate to leave the position hanging out to dry for a long time before finding another person to replace the staff and carry out their job.

I started investing in cryptocurrencies at 16 and still do :) Was able to get me some startup capital with it, but you should only invest so much that it doesn't affect your life like housing costs, food or anything else.

I for example currently deal with AI / AI Coins some could well gain in value.

Regards

It is important to maintain open lines of communication with staff members to ensure smooth operations. If a staff member goes offline without any prior notice or updates, I would make efforts to reach out to them through various channels, including email and other communication platforms. However, if there is no response or feedback after a reasonable period of time, such as 2 months, it may be necessary to consider the termination of their position.

I started investing in cryptocurrencies at 16 and still do :) Was able to get me some startup capital with it, but you should only invest so much that it doesn't affect your life like housing costs, food or anything else.

I for example currently deal with AI / AI Coins some could well gain in value.

Regards

Unfortunately, this is in line with the subject lol. You must have misread it and making another different comment based on cryptocurrency investment while it's all about someone's forum management. Don't beat yourself too much about it, it can happen to anyone hehe.

I have never fired anyone for being offline for too long. Well, I also do not have a lot of experience with hiring staff on my forums. But I believe the staff should communicate with admin if he wants to return on the forum as a staff

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds