Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How Easy is it to Become Successful in Gig Industry

Credits
Gig working is growing rapidly, thanks to Covid Pandemic and the growth of Work From Home culture. Well, people were working remotely long before Covid but a lot of people were introduced to gig working only after Covid and now for many people remote working is the ideal way to work and make money. However, the question is: is it easy to get enough gigs and good paying gigs to pay your bills and live a decent life. A lot of people talk about financial freedom as a gig worker but do you actually get financial security in this industry? A lot of people talk about not having a boss to dictate you, getting flexible working hours, ability to choose tasks based on your interest, etc. Do you really think there is no one to dictate you, you can work anytime you want or choose job only when you are interested?

Advertisement Placeholder
Do people actually talk about financial freedom as a gig worker?

I can understand time freedom to work whenever and whenever, but these types of jobs are very volatile and usually low paying. The reason why companies spin these out is to save on costs.

I have yet to find someone who has been able to take this type of work on and make it something that they can live off and pay the bills.

These types of jobs do tend to be low paying and it would take a lot of work, maybe even too much any one person could handle to safely say that they can live off it and have that financial freedom.

I actually wanted to revise my prior comment. You CAN make great money and achieve financial freedom if you have a specialized skill that you sell on places like Upwork. You might be a fractional CMO, a developer, newsletter marketer, etc. You can earn great money but you really need to be a professional and to be highly experienced.

When you said gig work, I was thinking of like delivering packages, delivering food, etc. Those will never earn you enough, and if you take into account the wear and tear on your vehicle, youre barely breaking even.

Do people actually talk about financial freedom as a gig worker?

I can understand time freedom to work whenever and whenever, but these types of jobs are very volatile and usually low paying. The reason why companies spin these out is to save on costs.
Yes, for companies hiring a gig worker saves time and money. Most jobs are also low paying so making a living can be very difficult. However, if you have skills in the niches that are in great demand, you can just work on a couple of gigs and then live comfortably for the rest of the month.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 5)

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds