Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How Do Your Business Cope With Shop Rent Increment

When there is a shop increments, I will likely add little amounts of money to my hoods and services so as to meet up with my shop rent increments.

Advertisement Placeholder
Any expenses incurred in your business will be placed in your goods and services as well. So if their is an increment in rent or any other incurred expenses it's going down to what I'm selling which means increase in price

if the location of the business is very good and I am making a huge profit then I will definitely cope very well with increment of the rent.

Whenever there is an increasing the rent of the place I'm supposed to be using for the business I will have to evaluate her it will affect the business then decide on whether to increase price for the goods or reduce the quality.

If there is increment in shop of where one is doing is business I think the best thing to do is just to place the cost of the increment in the business one in operating to get the money back

Any expenses incurred in your business will be placed in your goods and services as well. So if their is an increment in rent or any other incurred expenses it's going down to what I'm selling which means increase in price
You do not increase the price just because you are trying to meet the rent requirement, but you also need to consider the market price of the product because if you increase it while other people are maintaining the normal price you will lose customer.

Shop rent increment impacts greatly on any business if that business is really making gains or not. It's impact on the negative side is more if that business is struggling.

I think that the landlord is being unfair to your mum. You should check the laws that govern tenants in your country, there could be ground to sue the landlord for adding rent without doing any renovations. Otherwise, you can move to a better place and start from scratch, I am sure you will get customers with time.

I think increase in everything not just shop rent is what we're experiencing right now. It adds to the cost of doing business. I'll advice that if you can't bear it,it's better to find another cheaper location so as to save cost.

There is absolutely nothing you can do when there is such an increase in rent. It is his land and he can charge any fee for rent. If your mom is not making money that is enough handle the rent, then looking elsewhere for a new shop is good.

The only possible way to deal with this situation is to find another shop in the exact same area with much lower rent. The property owner has the right to increase the rent because it is his or her property. However, the actual amount of the rent depends on the market and location.

This is something that happened almost everywhere shop increment they don't even care whether you're making profit or they will just increase.

You don’t want to uproot your business from its home, so you’re ready to accept your fate and pay the higher rent bill. Even if your business is successfully generating enough sales to afford the rent increase.

My mother manage a small business in a shop for like 20 years now. Every year since 2013 the landlord of the shop has always been increasing the rent without carrying out any renovation on the shopping complex where my mother has her shop.

There was a time the roof of the shop was damaged by wind, the landlord refused to repair it. We had once considered changing her shop but the fear of losing her customers made her not to do so. How can she cope with the yearly shop increment?
If not for the issue of your mum going out every day to engage herself actively,operating from a spacious home with a space to store products, getting an online shop is actually an alternative.We had clints that operate in that fasion,and this saves them a lot of money for rentage.

If not for the issue of your mum going out every day to engage herself actively,operating from a spacious home with a space to store products, getting an online shop is actually an alternative.We had clints that operate in that fasion,and this saves them a lot of money for rentage.
The neighborhood where she stays will not record a good sales as the business market districts where she has her shop. She lives in an estate where shops are not permitted.

The neighborhood where she stays will not record a good sales as the business market districts where she has her shop. She lives in an estate where shops are not permitted.
I was just giving an instance,Because we had a similar situation,where we would have decided to be operating from home,and concentrate with online marketing,and do the delivery to customers,since we are into courier.But we thought about our mum staying in the house always,reason we shelved the plan.But in your case,you can look for a cheaper shop close by and informt her customers of her new location.Then you should start thinking of putting some of the products online,and think of how you can get it delivered to online customers.

The most important thing is actually analysing how much damage that the increment will cost then try to see if you increase the amount that you sell your products

Nigeria is a country where everything increases on per second billing so the issue of how I cope with increase in terms of my shop if something that happens on the constant basis the country's economy reduces instead of the country to look for a way to work or compensate The Countryman rather everything skyrockets the money goes higher the more the prices go higher

I think the landlord is taking advantage of the fact that she is selling and making more money from the business ,I think it's best to get a building of your own in a convenient area if you want to avoid landlord issue

The only thing you can do is to increase the price of your products because definitely you will not do anything to the landlord if you don't want to pack out.

You stated in the post that she has established herself enough customers there. If the rent is not exorbitant, you can consider keeping the shop but if it's otherwise and it's not commensurate to gain she makes , no point in keeping the shop. You could help her create an online presence.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds