Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How Do Your Business Cope With Shop Rent Increment

I think it is not just unfair to just increase the rent of any building or property without a reasonable cause or just cause. The thing is that he knows the hold he has on your mother and he is taking advantage of it. If the increment is as constant as you say it is then, I think you should look for a shop not to far from the shop and you should have informed the customers of your relocation and share contacts with them.

Advertisement Placeholder
My mother manage a small business in a shop for like 20 years now. Every year since 2013 the landlord of the shop has always been increasing the rent without carrying out any renovation on the shopping complex where my mother has her shop.

There was a time the roof of the shop was damaged by wind, the landlord refused to repair it. We had once considered changing her shop but the fear of losing her customers made her not to do so. How can she cope with the yearly shop increment?
Rent increment is one of the things that can't be avoided in business. You can cope with this by expanding your business scope, this will also increase turnover which in turn will increase profit to absorb the increment.

The landlord action shows a pure act of enviness. The best way is to find a shop that's not that far from the previous shop so that he won't lose more customers. Because increment of shop should commensurate with business profit as well.

Then develop another strategy! I can bet it with you that there are some people who wish to patronise her but the appearance of the business location is not appealing to them so she can start informing are customers that she's leaving the shop and keep updating them on the new one she intended in going to...
[automerge]1614974879[/automerge]
Then develop another strategy! I can bet it with you that there are some people who wish to patronise her but the appearance of the business location is not appealing to them so she can start informing are customers that she's leaving the shop and keep updating them on the new one she intended in going to...

It is the terrible nature of some landlords. Especially when they see you are doing well. Others aim is to drive you away indirectly. Whatever aim they have, instead of making monthly payments. Annual may
do better

With the different kinds of behaviour put up by some land owners or property owners, I can bet it that some wouldn't give you any information ahead if the increment. But the only thing is that the shop user should be ever ready of the fact that the increment can come anytime. So therefore, businesses and owners should prepare themselves of a increment because some are based on the fact that you are selling or that business is moving.

My mother manage a small business in a shop for like 20 years now. Every year since 2013 the landlord of the shop has always been increasing the rent without carrying out any renovation on the shopping complex where my mother has her shop.

There was a time the roof of the shop was damaged by wind, the landlord refused to repair it. We had once considered changing her shop but the fear of losing her customers made her not to do so. How can she cope with the yearly shop increment?
Unfortunately I don't see anything that can be done but the incorporate this cost into her wares. if your mom is making very good sales then she'll have to continue to live by the landlord's terms and conditions, unless she is willing to call of his bluff and leave the premises.

Have the mindset that, no matter where your mother may go, and open another business, which she can't succeed. As long as, she have that skill to attract customers to her shop, She'll continue to do that, in her new business home.

From my point of view, she has to come to a compromise with the landlord because she shouldn't put up with such nonsense of the landlord not renovating the shop but always increasing the shop rent,she shouldn't tolerate it anymore.

It's going to be very hard for everyone when there's shop increment, because I will have to add money to my goods and services for me to balance everything, I just can't be selling at the same price when the rentage for the store is getting increased

It's going to be very hard for everyone when there's shop increment, because I will have to add money to my goods and services for me to balance everything, I just can't be selling at the same price when the rentage for the store is getting increased
You don't have to increase the price of your commodities base on the steady increment of the shop rent. You should follow realtime market price and not chase customers away with add on. Rather I'll expect you to have close door meeting with the landlord concerning the steady increment. If he isn't renovating the building and following the price of buildings around the premises you should move out and find better place. Their are better places to go on with your business and still drive enough sales.

The economy of the country is growing harsh by the day and to be honest real estate prices are also shooting up so embarrassingly. I won't blame the property owner but instead evaluate how it would affect my business, contact and discuss with employees and look for how to tackle the issue.

The increment is really unfair , i will advice she finds a better place to sell the goods she is willing to sell ,because she could make more profit from doing so , she shouldn't stop the search of a better place

The economy I'm many countries this days is very bad and making for increment in the prices of so many products. If there is an increase in the side of rent, I would evaluate how this would affect my business then I will see how to cushion it by maybe altering the products or increasing price too.

Since this is a yearly thing and it's very much likely the landlord would still increase it next year, you mum could either cope with it or better still find a new shop that's cheaper.

Concerning your question in the above post on how your mom can deal with increments in her rent by the landlord without and visibpe renovation, well your mom has to confront the landlord and if possible involve a lawyer or something

Whenever there is increase in the rent place, I always look out for another location that would still be viable if not, I then look for a way to increase the price of the product.

Whenever there is increase in the rent place, I always look out for another location that would still be viable if not, I then look for a way to increase the price of the product.
Changing business location affects the business a lot. The problem about moving out of the place is that it will be difficult to get customers like the place that you have been known for years

Unfortunately this is very common is most parts of the country and even happened recently, I guess in situations like that there is little that can be done unless to keep up with the new price no matter how unfair it is

Everyone doing business in any shop that is not his own should expect a possible shop rent increment . The person so left with the choice to leave if what he is making from the shop is not worth paying for such rent.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds