Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How Do Your Business Cope With Shop Rent Increment

I guess this is one major challenge that comes with offline businesses where the shop is not yours but a rented shop. I do have an online store. I guess one has no choice than to either pay up or move to another shop

Advertisement Placeholder
Well shop increment is something happens anywhere in my country and atimes it could be due to different reasons that might be beyond the occupants' ability or the owner atimes it could be due to the current countries development that it was increased for example the reason for an increase in certain things in my country is due to the countries poor income.

I guess this is one major challenge that comes with offline businesses where the shop is not yours but a rented shop. I do have an online store. I guess one has no choice than to either pay up or move to another shop
With the ever increasing Inflation, it really has become a major concern for the business owners to cope up with it. Afterall, the pandemic has hit really hard on those medium level business owners.

My mother manage a small business in a shop for like 20 years now. Every year since 2013 the landlord of the shop has always been increasing the rent without carrying out any renovation on the shopping complex where my mother has her shop.

There was a time the roof of the shop was damaged by wind, the landlord refused to repair it. We had once considered changing her shop but the fear of losing her customers made her not to do so. How can she cope with the yearly shop increment?
The fear of starting from scratch is what is keeping some people at the same spot for a long period of time. You can within the same area so as not to lose all our customers.

Similar tuing happens to my own mother. But in her case, the landlord sold the entire building and she was forced to look for shop elsewhere to sell her goods within the same area and she was able to retain her customers.

Well shop increment is something happens anywhere in my country and atimes it could be due to different reasons that might be beyond the occupants' ability or the owner atimes it could be due to the current countries development that it was increased for example the reason for an increase in certain things in my country is due to the countries poor income.
Many shop owners in a nearby mall are closing shop due to the regular increase in rent. About 10 stores are always changing which means the business had closed before 1 year. If I would have a business it would be a home based business so I will not have a problem with high rentals.

How i cope with shop increment as a business owner is i just accept it if the business is going well but if it's not i usually plead and explain it to them.

How i cope with shop increment as a business owner is i just accept it if the business is going well but if it's not i usually plead and explain it to them.
The best way you can try is to to adapt the increment. You can't actually alter the inflation, but with proper money management you can very well manage.

If you're running a business then you should always expect this kind of scenario because the cost of building materials increase yearly and that we lead to rent increment.

The most important thing is actually analysing how much damage that the increment will cost then try to see if you increase the amount that you sell your products
You are very correct. One need to consider the amounts of profits to be made if it will worth the additional money increment of shop rent.

I think within a couple of months you should be able to fund your increments in bills, and also of your store rent. So this should not be a problem for you.

I think within a couple of months you should be able to fund your increments in bills, and also of your store rent. So this should not be a problem for you.
This can only happen when your business is doing well ,but a serious situation in which the business is not doing well ,it is almost impossible for you to cope with the extra rent increment.

I do not run a physical shop to start with, so I don't have anything with rental fees costs and all that on me right now safe my online store fees which might in tease anytime but rarely does though

If your mum cannot cope with the rent increase base on your cash inflow,you can decide to find another place for your business. Concerning your customers you can always get new once,if you leverage on price slash on few products and leave some at normal price
Most Time shop rent increment kills most business especially when they do not have enough profit interest from the business and the shop rent increase.

I do not run a physical shop to start with, so I don't have anything with rental fees costs and all that on me right now safe my online store fees which might in tease anytime but rarely does though
Even me for now I do not run a shop because I still have a lot of things to concentrate on before I even think of starting a business, higher institution is my number one priority.

There is absolutely nothing you can do when there is such an increase in rent. It is his land and he can charge any fee for rent. If your mom is not making money that is enough handle the rent, then looking elsewhere for a new shop is good.
You can't say that there's nothing someone can do when there is an increment in the amount of rent that a tenant in Spain cuz they will always be something that someone can do and for restart such a tenant can look for a cheaper apartment to move into because it's not just one house that is there is there are other houses that are and can rent at a time.

We will have to decide on which way we are going to do to keep the business moving on order to increase the cost of our products or to actually reduce the quality to save costs.

My mother manage a small business in a shop for like 20 years now. Every year since 2013 the landlord of the shop has always been increasing the rent without carrying out any renovation on the shopping complex where my mother has her shop.

There was a time the roof of the shop was damaged by wind, the landlord refused to repair it. We had once considered changing her shop but the fear of losing her customers made her not to do so. How can she cope with the yearly shop increment

There was a time the roof of the shop was damaged by wind, the landlord refused to repair it. We had once considered changing her shop but the fear of losing her customers made her not to do so. How can she cope with the yearly shop increment?
I have a friend that have similar issue it almost lead to fight between my friend and the landlord but they final settle it for your mom not to loss her customers she should repair the damage part since the landlord refuse to fix it

I'm sorry to hear about your mom's troubles with her shop, running a business always comes with it's challenges but I think you should relocate but take time to strategize and keep letting your existing customers know

There was a particular shop, the the landlady was nice, though there was an increment in the price of renting my mum could pay because she was already known for the address.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom's troubles with her shop, running a business always comes with it's challenges but I think you should relocate but take time to strategize and keep letting your existing customers know
That was what she did. She relocated her shop to another one closer to the old one and even bigger in size with lesser monthly rent payments.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds