Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How Do Your Business Cope With Shop Rent Increment

Very well one's business can cope despite shop increment because one customer is always conversant with the shop. Once one has a lot of customer patronizing such business will cope

Advertisement Placeholder
Well that is a big problem, but before a normal land lord would increase a house rent it would mean that a development have happened to the shop or area. For you to solve that you will have to talk to the land lord to pity you, or if the land lord doesn't agree then you will have to find another way.

To me actually it's not a do or die affair. If the shop rent shoud be increased then I will have to weight myself and the profit gotten from the business, if it doesn't profit me then I will have to rent another shop. But honestly, shop increment today is now getting out of hand.

Some shop owners are mean just like one I know. These people don't care of knowing how the business is going. I think what they think sometimes is that you are gaining a lot and its just normal for them to keep increasing. If you can get a place close to the shop, then you can relocate. Or start telling your customers you have plans of relocating.

There is absolutely nothing you can do when there is such an increase in rent. It is his land and he can charge any fee for rent. If your mom is not making money that is enough handle the rent, then looking elsewhere for a new shop is good.

Most of the time it actually affects and may may seem difficult to cope with the rent
At times the consumers that bear the charge most because an increase in shop rent may cause an increase in the price of the goods

In most cases, you will have to increase the prices of your products in order to meet up. In as much as your customers may not like it, just ensure your products and services are just too good, so that regardless of what happens, they won't leave your business.

My mother manage a small business in a shop for like 20 years now. Every year since 2013 the landlord of the shop has always been increasing the rent without carrying out any renovation on the shopping complex where my mother has her shop.

There was a time the roof of the shop was damaged by wind, the landlord refused to repair it. We had once considered changing her shop but the fear of losing her customers made her not to do so. How can she cope with the yearly shop increment?
you simply have to talk to the shop owner to help you reduce the rent amount... Remember he is the owner of his shop and whatever he said is binding on the property, therefore negotiating with him is the best thing to do in that situation.

You can adjust to increments in rent by increasing sales of products slightly and also adjusting to how you spend on other expenses in the business. The best thing to do is you can tell your mum to start looking for another shop.

increased rent fee is an increase on the expenses. However it’s best advised to evaluate this with your cost of production and try as much as possible to take it out from your selling price. In other words, I’m saying this will have effect on the selling price of your products

Though I haven't rented a shop before but I have an experience when my mum rented a shop, and the owner of the shop actually inflate the rent so, she had to calculate the increment of the shop rent on the good she's selling but then it was small chops and all and cake that time.

Is quite unfortunate your mum has to go through this cruel attitude from her landlord. I will really suggest she adds more product to what she sells as to makeup for the extra cost of rent. Call she could move on to another place if she can't afford the rent. You never know what might happen when she moves.

My mother manage a small business in a shop for like 20 years now. Every year since 2013 the landlord of the shop has always been increasing the rent without carrying out any renovation on the shopping complex where my mother has her shop.

There was a time the roof of the shop was damaged by wind, the landlord refused to repair it. We had once considered changing her shop but the fear of losing her customers made her not to do so. How can she cope with the yearly shop increment?
Well it's best you own your facility,if you want to avoid problem like rent increment,some land owners make decisions that are not considerate.thats why when you run business look for permanent solution.

This is serious unavoidable evil that is rampant these days. Even during this pandemic period when you hardly have sales, some landlords are still increasing the rents. In this case there is no choice than to raise the money and pay.

I deal with the increment in my shop rent by including it in my expenses, most times I increase the price of my products slightly to offset the pressure that the increment will have on my business.

This is serious unavoidable evil that is rampant these days. Even during this pandemic period when you hardly have sales, some landlords are still increasing the rents. In this case there is no choice than to raise the money and pay.

Well it's best you own your facility,if you want to avoid problem like rent increment,some land owners make decisions that are not considerate.thats why when you run business look for permanent solution.
It's good to have or own your own facility to save you the stress of paying monthly or yearly rent but how many small scale business owners could afford to have it own facilities, they will surely have to starts from somewhere.

Sometimes when the contract is renewed, the rent payment is increased, so you should anticipate this growth in the rent payment as an expense in your business plan (see, "The Expense" section for an explanation). The repairs that must be made in this agreement are also an agreement that is represented in the agreement and contracts must be reached with the owner.

One of the main reasons so many businesses cannot make reasonable profit is because of high cost of rent especially here in Nigeria. The cost of renting a shop is very expensive most especially in the city and where you have shopping malls. Some landlords don't even care about the maintenance of these shops.

Starting a company is a multi-stage operation, which you are able to feel daunting, but we will make it easy to be coordinated and monitored as you begin to thrive. We have the resources to do so and get it right, regardless of whether you refine your idea for business, apply permits and licenses, draft your business plan or obtain funding. Why not take a loan and raise your company to the next level if you are prepared to start your business but need a support team.

Shop rent increment sometimes decrease the profit a business makes. My friend's mother have actually been been to this situation, she backed out because they feel so much and looked for a better location with a lesser fee. So i will definitely see you that it depends on the kind of location you are staying if it is worth it, then you can go ahead and pay up but if it is not worth it, you can pack out.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds